KMK’s Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation Group provides practical, creative solutions to our clients across a broad spectrum of employment-related matters. Our firm’s culture focuses on providing counsel based on solid business judgment, multidimensional legal reasoning and responsive customer service to all our clients.
Our diverse group of clients includes large publicly traded companies, smaller privately-held businesses, and non-profit organizations. In each situation, the set of circumstances is distinctive, often requiring legal advice in real time that is grounded in business knowledge—a perfect fit for our entrepreneurial-focused firm. We take the time to listen, so we can provide useful approaches that will meet the specific needs and requirements of our clients.
KMK’s Employee Benefits attorneys have the bench strength and depth of experience needed to effectively counsel clients with diverse benefits practices covering all benefits areas, including:
- Retirement plans
- Medical plans
- Welfare plans
- Health care reform (ACA)
- Executive compensation
- HIPAA privacy matters
We work with our clients, and others, across departments and at various levels within their companies, including in-house counsel, human resource specialists, benefits department personnel, and financial officers. With our mix of lawyers, paralegals and benefit consultants, we are able to staff any project appropriately and cost effectively—from the most sophisticated or complicated projects to the more daily routine matters. Examples include:
- Assisting with compliance issues
- Advising on fiduciary requirements
- Drafting and reviewing plan documents
- Generating employee communication (SPD, SBC, SAR and notices)
- Negotiating service agreements
- Completing QDRO reviews, approval or rejection
- Managing day-to-day legal matters
- Planning for benefit changes or significant corporate events that impact benefits
- Performing due diligence for corporate transactions
- Analysis, planning and negotiating employee-benefit matters in connection with corporate transactions
- Handling post-transaction benefit transition and integration issues
American Financial Group, Inc.
Chiquita Brands International, Inc.
The Christ Hospital
Cincinnati Financial Corporation
LSI Industries Inc.
Luxottica U.S. Holdings Corp.
Meridian Bioscience, Inc.
- Senior Partner>
- Senior Partner>
- Benefits Consultant>
News & Resources
- Keating Muething & Klekamp Achieves National and Metropolitan Rankings in 2020 “Best Law Firms” Report by U.S. News and Best Lawyers11.01.2019
- Fifty-Four Keating Muething & Klekamp Attorneys Selected for Inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America 202008.15.2019
- Keating Muething & Klekamp Welcomes Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation Attorney Kelly E. MacDonald06.11.2018
- Worldwide Employee Benefits Network, 01.29.2020
- strategic HR inc., 02.05.2020
- NCEO Employee Ownership Conference 2017
Areas Of Concentration
- Affordable Care Act / Health Care Reform
- Business Restructuring Transactions & Shutdowns
- Employee Benefit Plans & Compensation Programs
- Employee Benefits Administration
- Employee Benefits Regulatory Compliance & Fiduciary Issues
- Employee Stock Ownership Plans (ESOP)
- Equity Incentive Plans
- ERISA Litigation Defense Team
- Executive Compensation Plans & Arrangements
- HIPAA Privacy & Security Compliance
- Regulatory Compliance for Trustees, Custodians & Investment Managers