Rachel Pappenfus counsels both public and private employers on all aspects of benefits and compensation.
She assists clients with plan design (e.g., health and welfare, retirement, and Section 125 plans), plan administration, plan correction issues, and compliance with various federal and state laws and regulations. This includes the Affordable Care Act (ACA), Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1985 (COBRA), and the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974 (ERISA).
Prior to joining KMK Law, Rachel most recently worked for a benefits consulting firm, advising clients on health and welfare plan compliance. Previously, she was also an associate for a national law firm where she gained experience in all areas of employee benefits, labor and employment law.
Professional and Community Involvement
Cincinnati Bar Association
American Bar Association
News & Resources
- Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation
- Affordable Care Act / Health Care Reform
- Employee Benefit Plans & Compensation Programs
- Employee Benefits Administration
- Employee Benefits Regulatory Compliance & Fiduciary Issues
- Executive Compensation Plans & Arrangements
- HIPAA Privacy & Security Compliance
- Regulatory Compliance for Trustees, Custodians & Investment Managers
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
J.D., University of Cincinnati College of Law, 2015
M.A., College of Mount St. Joseph, 2010
B.S., Wright State University, 2008, magna cum laude