One of our key advantages is a firm culture that allows for an agile work environment, which means building customized, lean, highly specialized teams that fit your specific needs. Simply said, we put the right people in the room at the right time. This can be particularly useful during business restructurings or shutdowns, when the situation is highly fluid and the legal matters that arise can be unexpected.
Our lawyers assist employers in addressing employee benefit issues associated with corporate restructuring transactions, including:
- Advising our clients on employee benefits issues associated with business restructuring transactions
- Conducting due diligence reviews in connection with business restructuring transactions
- Negotiating and prepare employee benefits representations, warranties and covenants in business purchase and merger agreements
- Assisting our clients in designing post-acquisition employee benefit plans and arrangements, and in the transition and integration of benefit plans
- Advising our clients when they consolidate or shut down business operations, including the ability to curtail employee benefits and provide incentives for early retirement