KMK’s capital markets team has extensive experience with the full range of services required for corporate financings and related transactions. We advise clients across a broad spectrum of industries and handle high-profile matters that receive media attention. Our attorneys keep current on the rapidly changing capital markets environment and help clients find innovative solutions to meet their business financing goals.
We represent corporations of all sizes across the nation. We are deeply familiar with the various government entities and regulations involved at both the federal and state levels. Our goal is to provide comprehensive counsel, which includes the seamless integration of members from other practice areas, such as securities regulation and corporate governance, during the entire financing process. Our team strives to provide strong legal service at a cost-effective level throughout the process.
KMK’s extensive experience includes:
- At-the-market offerings
- Block trades
- Business combinations
- Equity-linked securities offerings (including trust preferred securities and convertible debt)
- Exchange offers
- Going-private transactions
- Initial and secondary public equity offerings
- Private placements of equity and debt securities
- Registered direct offerings
- Rescission offers
- Rights offerings
- Rule 144A, Regulation S and registered debt offerings
- Shelf registrations and takedowns
- Stock repurchase programs
- Tender offers and consent solicitations
We assist clients with pre-transaction planning, due diligence, preparation and filing of registration statements, prospectuses and offering memoranda, negotiation of underwriting and purchase agreements, and other offering materials. We help clients navigate the SEC review process, provide strategic judgment on complex disclosure issues, and attend to the obligations of national securities exchanges, including the New York Stock Exchange and NASDAQ.
News & Resources
- Flurry of Proposed New Rules from the SEC—Key Takeaways
- Busy Fourth Quarter for SEC Staff
- White Hot Commission Focus on Insider Trading and ESG