As one of the region’s leading business law firms, clients bring their most challenging tax matters to KMK. While taxes have always been a significant factor for businesses, today’s tax laws are highly complex, often resulting in uncertainty for clients as they make day-to-day business decisions. In this environment, KMK attorneys are brought in to provide timely advice. Depending on the specific situation, we provide advance planning, evaluations, and solutions to difficult tax issues for all types of companies and taxable events, such as acquisitions, ownership transfers, and many other transactions.
Our attorneys advise on federal, state, and local tax matters, including entity formation and structuring, as well as tax-efficient transactional structuring, and work closely with our corporate and real estate lawyers. Our lawyers remain current and up-to-date on tax legislation, and thereafter as it is developed and interpreted by regulations, rulings and case law.
Some examples of our tax activities include:
- Advising clients on the tax consequences of, and in planning for, major corporate transactions including mergers, stock purchases and sales, asset purchases and sales, spin-offs, split-offs, split-ups, and corporate recapitalizations.
- Advising clients on the structure and tax ramifications of business and real estate transactions.
- Advising clients on the structure, formation, and operation of tax-exempt organizations.
- Advising closely held business client on tax issues related to formation, operation, and termination.
- Advising pass through entities (S corporation, partnerships and limited liability companies) on tax issues and collaborate with our corporate lawyers in document preparation.
- Advising on executive compensation planning and structuring of incentive-based and other compensation programs.
- Advising on New Market Tax Credit transactions, opportunity zone arrangements, and collateral loan obligation (CLO) transactions.
Al. Neyer, Inc.
American Financial Group, Inc.
Chiquita Brands International, Inc.
The Cincinnati Reds
F&M Mafco, Inc.
Fifth Third Bank
Great American Insurance Company
Hemagen Diagnostics, Inc.
Infinity Property and Casualty Corporation
Jaguar of Cincinnati
Kendle International Inc.
Land Rover of Cincinnati, Inc.
Meridian Bioscience, Inc.
Meritage Hospitality Group Inc.
Superior Label Systems, Inc.
Tab Products Co. LLC
WS Packaging Group, Inc.
The Walnut Group
News & Resources
- Published 06.04.2020. Updated 06.17.2020.
- Published 04.23.2020. Updated 05.14.2020.
- The Price of “Free Money”: Potential Enforcement and Compliance Pitfalls for Recipients of CARES Act Funding04.15.2020
- Published 04.03.2020. Updated 04.21.2020.
- Published 03.31.2020. Updated 04.21.2020.
- Senate Passes CARES Act, Which Includes $349 Billion for SBA Guarantees of Forgivable Loans for Small and Medium Sized BusinessesPublished 03.26.2020. Updated 04.21.2020.
- Pro Bono Brief, 01.17.2019
- KMK Law Corporate & Securities Blog, Posted 05.18.2020. Updated 05.27.2020
- KMK Law Corporate & Securities Blog, 04.30.2020
- KMK Law Corporate & Securities Blog, Published 04.30.2020. Updated 05.07.2020.
- KMK Law Corporate & Securities Blog, 10.21.2019
- KMK Law Corporate & Securities Blog, 01.24.2019