KMK’s Business Representation & Transactions Group is a leading advisor to start-ups, entrepreneurs, and the entities that invest in them. Since the firm’s very beginning, KMK has been inspired by the entrepreneurial spirit of its clients, eager to assist in the implementation of their new ideas and strong work ethic to create and build products and businesses that break the mold. Some of KMK’s strongest and most successful relationships began when a single entrepreneur had an idea and the willingness to take a risk. From healthcare to cloud services and social media to consumer products, KMK is helping its clients to lead new technological innovations and grow businesses that will drive tomorrow’s economy.
One of KMK’s first clients was Carl H. Lindner, Jr. and American Financial Corporation as they began making some of their first acquisitions. The firm also represented Cintas Corporation, Belcan Corporation, Comair, Meridian Bioscience, LSI Industries, and a host of others as they were in their early growth stages. As we've done in the past with these and other successful companies, KMK is adept at guiding private and family-owned businesses through growth, regulatory compliance, initial public offerings, and merger and acquisition activity.
Today, KMK’s lawyers continue to represent a new generation of entrepreneurs and growth companies with not only a deep legal knowledge, but also a practical approach to the challenges facing today’s technology companies. Our entrepreneurial and growth companies range from start-ups attempting to attract their first investment to public companies looking to grow their brand and revenue to new markets or expand to a more global footprint. KMK also has experience representing clients in unique growth structures, including franchise organizations, distribution networks, and development partner arrangements.
Our services include:
- Business Formation
- Angel Capital
- Venture Capital
- Private Placements
- Public Offerings
- Advisory Board Formation
- Employment Planning
- Tax Planning
- Commercial/Bank Financing
- Intellectual Property
- Regulatory Compliance
For our start-up clients, we offer flat pricing models that give those companies the clarity and comfort they need in their earliest stages of development.
- KMK represented enosiX in its $4.25 million Series A funding from lead investors Allos Ventures and Mutual Capital Partners Funds. enosiX is a software company with a unique Framework that enables .NET developers to create SAP-integrated mobile apps. In addition to its financing, KMK represented enosiX in the development of its unique development partner model and related commercial relationships.
- KMK represented Jacobs Automation, Inc. in its various round of fundraising, on general corporate and commercial matters and in its ultimate sale to Rockwell Automation Inc. Jacobs Automation, the leader in intelligent track motion control technology, provides a motion control solution called the iTRAK System. This cutting-edge software based technology improves performance across a wide range of packaging, material handling, and other applications for the global machine builder market.
- KMK represented former executives of The General Electric Company in the formation of Gensuite, LLC and licensing of proprietary software technology developed by GE to commercialize the technology in the global marketplace.
- KMK represented the founders of Blue Ash Therapeutics, LLC in its formation and the acquisition of the rights to a promising cardiovascular drug — Azimilide. KMK also represented Blue Ash Therapeutics in its fundraising and ultimate sale for undisclosed consideration to Forest Laboratories, Inc.
- Managing Partner>
- Senior Partner>
- Senior Partner>
News & Resources
- Keating Muething & Klekamp Achieves National and Metropolitan Rankings in 2021 “Best Law Firms” Report by U.S. News and Best Lawyers11.05.2020
- Fifty-Six Keating Muething & Klekamp Attorneys Selected for Inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America 202108.20.2020
- wvxu.org, 02.21.2019
- Ohio Super Lawyers, 01.2019