Entrepreneurs are a special breed. They and the venture capital firms that invest in their success see the big picture, even during adversity, flourish on 24/7 schedules, and thrive under pressure. They need a law firm that can keep pace—and KMK takes pride in our reputation as a highly responsive, deeply experienced partner to these individuals.
We have decades of experience working with start-up firms; and we have helped build several startups from garage-style businesses into multimillion-dollar corporations. Our lawyers focus on more than just providing top legal advice. We build strategic relationships with our entrepreneur clients that often last throughout the lifecycle of their companies; and we help our venture capital clients find and complete investments in a cost-effective, timely manner.
KMK provides venture capital firms and startup companies with experienced, focused counsel that is integrated with our full-service practice. Our lawyers regularly work with their firm colleagues to provide assistance for all legal matters, offering the convenience of a one-stop shop for clients who have full plates and little time to waste.
Beyond formation, financing negotiations, and a myriad of other customary start-up legal requirements, we provide a wide variety of services, such as:
- Strategic partnerships and corporate alliances: Clients rely on KMK for strategic licensing, corporate partnering, and research collaboration matters.
- Third-party agreements: KMK provides start-ups fast, practical, value-added counsel in the preparation, negotiation and management of third-party agreements.
- Employment advice: Early-stage companies call upon KMK to prepare a wide range of employment agreements, advise on executive compensation arrangements, and develop internal training programs. We also defend companies in all types of employment litigation.
- IPO and M&A exit strategies: KMK counsels companies through the public offering process, including preparation of registration statements and prospectuses and assisting clients with the listing process.
Entrepreneurship is the lifeblood of the U.S. economy. We enjoy playing a role in the next generation of businesses and we work daily to help them succeed.
- KMK represented Cincinnati-based online estate sale startup Everything But The House when it raised the second-largest Series A round in city history from venture capital firms on both coasts. Everything But The House raised $13 million from Spark Capital in Boston and Greycroft Partners of New York and Santa Monica. KMK also represented Everything But The House in its subsequent $30 million Series B round.
- KMK has represented dunnhumby Ventures LLC as a lead investor in numerous domestic and international private companies that focus on analyzing data of retail consumers relative to their experience, patterns, needs, and interests.
- KMK represented enosiX Inc. in its $4.25 million Series A funding from lead investors Allos Ventures and Mutual Capital Partners Funds. enosiX is a software company with a unique framework that enables .NET developers to create SAP-integrated mobile apps.
"Keating Muething & Klekamp provides the right amount of service at the right time to get deals done. They have breadth of experience, which helps to deal with all the complexities involved." — David Goodnight, Fund Manager, Bluegrass Angels Venture Funds
- Managing Partner>
- Senior Partner>
- Senior Partner>