Matt Weigel advises and represents clients in every aspect of litigation, focusing on complex commercial and general corporate litigation matters. He helps public and private entities pursue, defend against, and resolve claims in federal and state courts in Ohio and around the country.
Matt has experience with a diverse range of disputes, including shareholder/corporate governance disputes, product liability and mass tort litigation, fraud and False Claims Act matters, collections, and contract claims. Matt has also advised clients on issues arising from the COVID-19 pandemic.
Matt earned his law degree from The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law where he served as Managing Editor of the Ohio State Journal on Dispute Resolution.
While in school, Matt served the staff of Ohio Senator William P. Coley, II and as a law clerk for the Honorable Susan J. Dlott of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio.
Matt has extensive prior experience in non-profit management, development, and leadership theory through his time as a Fellow with El Pomar Foundation in Colorado Springs, Colorado. He earned his B.A. in Political Science from the University of Colorado at Boulder.
Professional and Community Involvement
Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central Ohio, Board Member
Cincinnati Bar Association
Awards & Recognition
CALI Awards for Excellence in Entertainment & Media Law
News & Resources
- KMK Law Complex Litigation Blog, 12.11.20 Updated: 12.30.20
- "You Don't Have to Go Home But You Can't Stay Here": Updates to Ohio and Kentucky’s COVID-19 Orders Impacting Bars & RestaurantsKMK Law Complex Litigation Blog, 12.02.2020
- KMK Law Complex Litigation Blog, 05.22.2020
- KMK Law Complex Litigation Blog, 05.18.2020
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado
J.D., The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, 2018
B.A., University of Colorado at Boulder, 2012