Rob Lesan is Co-Leader of the firm’s Business Representation & Transactions Group. He has broad experience in mergers, acquisitions and divestitures encompassing both public and private acquisitions, dispositions, carve-outs, co-investments, joint ventures and general corporate matters.
Rob has substantial experience in technology transactions, representing firm clients in matters ranging from traditional software licensing and development to structuring sophisticated cloud services offerings. Rob is a co-chair of the firm’s Cybersecurity & Privacy Team.
In addition to his M&A and technology focus, Rob also acts in a general counsel capacity for numerous firm clients. He has advised clients such as Cintas Corporation, AtriCure, Inc., American Financial Group, Inc., Belcan Corporation, 84.51 LLC, Orchard Holdings Group, LLC, Chiquita Brands International, Inc., Meridian Bioscience, Inc., Gensuite, LLC, Escort, Inc. and Aero Fulfillment Corporation.
Rob is a former member of the Board of Directors at Keating Muething & Klekamp and also serves on the firm's Diversity Committee.
Represented AtriCure, Inc. in connection with its acquisition of nContact, Inc. for approximately $100 million in cash and stock.
Represented Belcan Corporation in connection with its acquisition by AE Industrial Partners for an undisclosed amount.
Represented Great American Financial Resources, Inc., a subsidiary of American Financial Group, Inc., in connection with the divestiture of its long term care and medical supplemental insurance businesses.
Represented AtriCure, Inc. in connection with its acquisition of Endoscopic Technologies, Inc. for up to $60 million in cash and stock.
Professional and Community Involvement
Cincinnati Bar Association
Ohio State Bar Association
J. Reuben Clark Law Society
Kenzie's Closet, Board Member
PreventionFIRST!, Board of Trustees and Executive Committee
Cincinnati Academy of Leadership for Lawyers, Class XVIII (2013), Fellow
Awards & Recognition
Listed in Chambers USA: America's Leading Business Lawyers ,"Up and Coming", 2021
Named to Ohio Rising Stars
News & Resources
- Law360.com, 01.27.2021
- Cincinnati Business Courier, 02.19.2020
- KMK Law Congratulates the Participants of the Inaugural Diversity Case Competition for First Year Law Students01.28.2019
- KMK Legal Update Seminar, 12.11.2019
- Interface Cincinnati 2018, 05.16.2018
- Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza, 06.08.2016
- The Law of Electronic Transactions, an Insurance Perspective104th Life and Health Compliance Association Meeting, 05.14.2015
- Association of Corporate Counsel, 10.22.2014
- KMK Law Corporate & Securities Blog, Posted 05.20.2020. Updated 05.21.2020.
- KMK Law Corporate & Securities Blog, 03.23.2020
- KMK Law Cybersecurity & Privacy Blog, 05.23.2018
- KMK Law Corporate & Securities Blog, 01.29.2016
- KMK Law Cybersecurity & Privacy Blog, 01.29.2016
- Business Representation & Transactions
- Start-Ups & Growth Companies
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Private Equity
- Cybersecurity & Privacy
- Intellectual Property
- Administration of Settlement Trusts & Qualified Settlement Funds
- Commercial Contracts
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Response Team
- Venture Capital
J.D., J. Reuben Clark Law School, Brigham Young University, 2005, cum laude, Law Review
B.S., The Ohio State University, 2000, magna cum laude