Jon Hiltz is a partner in the firm's Business Representation & Transactions Group. His practice is concentrated in the corporate and finance areas, with a focus on mergers and acquisitions and general corporate matters.
Jon has represented both publicly held and private companies in a wide range of business transactions, including, acquisitions and divestitures of existing businesses; the formation of international and domestic joint ventures; and cross-border shipping, distribution and licensing arrangements; as well as representing lenders and borrowers in commercial lending, equipment leasing and finance transactions. He has also represented numerous private company clients in capital formation transactions, including structuring and documenting venture capital and private equity investments, and debt financings.
Jon also regularly counsels clients in connection with pre-merger filings under the Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act, and on other federal antitrust compliance matters.
Professional and Community Involvement
American Bar Association
Ohio State Bar Association
Cincinnati Bar Association
University Club of Cincinnati, Board of Governors (2011-2015), President and Chairman of the Executive Committee (2015)
Starfire Council of Greater Cincinnati, Inc., Trustee (2012-2014)
SmartMoney Community Services, Board of Directors & Secretary (2007-2011)
Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber's C-Change Program, Class of 2009
National Multiple Sclerosis Society 2011 Cincinnati Leadership Class
Awards & Recognition
Walter Rice Moot Court Competition Finalist (2004)
Named to Ohio Rising Stars, 2010-2011, 2017-2019
News & Resources
- Thirty-Five Keating Muething & Klekamp Attorneys Recognized in 2019 Ohio Super Lawyers and Ohio Rising Stars12.05.2018
- Forty-Three Keating Muething & Klekamp Attorneys Recognized in 2018 Ohio Super Lawyers and Ohio Rising Stars12.08.2017
- Multi-Color Corporation Announces Agreement to Acquire Constantia Labels Division to Create a Global Leader in the Labels SpaceNasdaq.com, 07.17.2017
- Keating Muething & Klekamp Represents Cintas in Acquisition of Zee Medical from McKesson Corp for Approximately $130 Million08.04.2015
- Keating Muething & Klekamp Represents Cintas in Sale of Shred-it International to Stericycle, Inc. for $2.3 Billion07.16.2015
"Killing Two Birds with One Stone - The Proper (Non)Application of Judicial Estoppel: Parker v. Wendy's International, Inc., 365 F.3d 1268 (11th Cir. 2004)" 30 U. DAYTON L. REV. 401 (2005), as republished in Estoppel - Theories and Applications, edited by S Ravi (Amicus Books - The Ifcai University Press 2008)
J.D., University of Dayton School of Law, 2006, Editor-in-Chief of Law Review, Moot Court
B.S., Miami University, 2003