KMK lawyers have significant experience as in-house Intellectual Property and Trademark attorneys with global, Large Cap corporations — and they appreciate the challenges of managing complex, international portfolios from the first-hand perspective of having done so. Our clients value the high level of experience and knowledge delivered at competitive rates.
Our Intellectual Property Team assists clients in securing and maintaining their intellectual property in the U.S. and abroad. This includes trademark services as well as prosecution of applications in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. Our state-of-the-art docketing system provides docketing capacity for thousands of trademarks.
We advise clients on intellectual property asset management and brand management issues, helping clients protect intellectual property innovations and to maximize the value of existing intellectual property portfolios. Our intellectual property clients range from small start-up companies to large international corporations. We provide the following services:
- Trademarks and trade dress
- Trade secrets
- Publicity and privacy rights
- U.S. Customs
Intellectual Property Law
- Acquired important domain names for clients through negotiations and UDRP proceedings
- Represented Fortune 500 clients in mergers & acquisitions involving intellectual property rights
- Negotiated settlement with Fortune 100 company on infringing use of photographs
- Filed and settled litigation related to computer software programs
- Served as counsel for Fortune 50 client, assuming responsibility for portfolios of trademarks for several major brands
- Represented Fortune 50 client in oppositions before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board
- Developed international filing strategies for Fortune 500 clients
- Handled infringement matters in Asia for Fortune 500 client
"Keating Muething & Klekamp offers a world-class trademark prosecution practice in the heart of the Midwest. The firm can offer the reasonable rates of a regional firm while providing service comparable to (or exceeding) that of firms in the major markets. This value-for-quality calculus is hard to beat, and should be attractive to both small businesses and those companies with larger portfolios." — Courtney A. Laginess, Senior Counsel, Mars, Inc.
Boll & Branch, LLC
Chiquita Brands, LLC
Cricket Ventures, LLC
First Financial Bank
General Cable Technologies Corporation
The Gorilla Glue Company
Great American Insurance Group
Infinity Property & Casualty Corporation
Karisma Hotels & Resorts Corp., LTD.
Lazer Kraze, Inc.
Meridian Bioscience, Inc.
On Demand Books
Premier Worldwide Marketing, LLC
Selection Management Systems, Inc.
The Procter & Gamble Company
Tosca Services, LLC
Trophy Nut Co.
West Chester Holdings, Inc.
Wild Things, LLC
Wright Patt Credit Union
News & Resources
- Fifty-Four Keating Muething & Klekamp Attorneys Selected for Inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America 202008.15.2019
- KMK Law Corporate & Securities Blog, 12.20.2019
- KMK Law Intellectual Property Blog, 12.17.2019
- KMK Law Intellectual Property Blog, 11.14.2019