Disputes regarding intellectual property and technology continue to be some of the most common and most critical in today’s legal landscape. Our practice group has the experience and knowledge to handle any matter with intellectual property and technology implications, and has significant experience in matters involving trade secrets, trademarks, trade dress, copyrights, false advertising, and unfair competition. Our areas of focus include:
- Pre-litigation matters, including drafting cease and desist letters, crafting enforcement strategies, and negotiating coexistence and settlement agreements
- State and federal litigation, including trademark, copyright, and patent infringement claims, trade secret and non-compete disputes, and unfair competition claims
- Inter-partes proceedings and ex parte appeals before the USPTO’s Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (“TTAB”)
- Enforcement proceedings against cybersquatters, including claims under both the Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy (“UDRP”) in front of the World Intellectual Property Organization and the Anticybersquatting Consumer Protection Act (“ACPA”) in federal court.
In particular, we frequently represent both software licensors and accused infringers in pre-litigation and litigation matters, including responding and advising on audit requests (including from the Business Software Alliance (“BSA”)), and pursuing and defending against breaches of software licenses.
Cincom Systems, Inc.
Fifth Third Bank, National Association
F&M Mafco, Inc.
Great American Insurance Company
Leisure Systems, Inc. (Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Camp Resorts)
Meridian Bioscience, Inc.
- Partner | CIPP/US, CIPP/E, CIPM
- Senior Partner
- Partner | CIPP/US
News & Resources
- KMK Law Intellectual Property Blog,