We believe financial institutions, whether they be banks, savings and loans, insurance companies, or related entities, need unique and special attention from their trial attorneys. KMK has experience helping many financial institutions grow and prosper. Whether in litigation defending against lender liability lawsuits, bad faith actions, TILA claims, or consumer class actions, we can provide skilled advice, experience, and defense. We have represented many clients in dealing with check fraud, UCC actions, customer defalcations, and related claims which are a significant part of our practice. Our attorneys have worked extensively representing public financial institutions with their securities litigation, including brokerage and FINRA matters. With a stable of experienced ERISA and employee benefits litigators, KMK also provides advanced advice and judgment on ERISA trustee liability cases, and in the areas of defending discrimination claims. Whether it be litigating a loan, mortgage or lease, and/or workouts from reorganizations or bankruptcies, our Financial Services Litigation Team can help you.
- Defeated lender liability claims against various banks, including a claim in which the jury verdict was in the bank’s favor
- Represented public companies and their directors and officers in SEC investigations in federal securities class action cases, and as special counsel
- Defeated anti-trust claims against a bank
- Successfully defended many ERISA claims, including many breach of fiduciary duty claims, against various bank trustees and fiduciaries
- Defense of several financial institutions in nationwide and statewide class actions
- Jury verdict in plaintiff’s favor in a UCC Article 3 forged endorsement and conversion case involving a regional bank
- Multi-million dollar settlement for a financial institution in a high profile loan default and bank fraud case pending in both state and federal courts in Ohio and Kentucky
- Jury award for a plaintiff-financial institution in a state court bank fraud case against multiple defendants
- Represented creditors' committees, and secured and unsecured commercial creditors, in insolvency related disputes
- Substantive experience representing public companies and their officers and directors in civil litigation and arbitrations under the federal securities laws and FINRA
- Representation of a mortgage company in fraud and related foreclosure matters
American Financial Group, Inc.
Fifth Third Bank
Great American Financial Resources, Inc.
Great American Insurance Company
Infinity Property and Casualty Corporation
- Senior Partner>