For many of our clients, good estate planning requires reaching beyond the standard transfer of assets to designated heirs. Many of our clients, particularly those with multigenerational businesses, real estate interests, charities or other obligations, need more sophisticated succession planning. These clients need planning that accounts not only for the transfer of their assets but for the smooth transition of the operation of those assets by a designated successor(s).
For example, business succession planning is often critical to the continued success of your business, but it can reach far beyond business considerations. Do you have a special needs child, or do you pay for the care of an aging parent? If so, you need a designated successor, so your obligations continue unimpeded. Perhaps you have charitable obligations or other outside interests that you hope to continue funding, succession planning can help with those matters, too.
KMK’s estate planning lawyers understand the added layers of operational planning required to help ensure that there are no disruptions to your business or undue hardships to your family.
Our lawyers are knowledgeable and experienced in all aspects of estate and succession planning and provide the following services:
- Assisting clients in increasing, preserving and transferring wealth
- Planning for the orderly and efficient succession of family businesses
- Reviewing and assessing minimization of tax and other transfer costs
- Preparing traditional planning documents (will and trust agreements)
- Designing and implementing sophisticated strategies for the tax-efficient passage of wealth to individual and charitable beneficiaries
- Emphasizing the use of non-probate transfer arrangements in order to provide the maximum benefits at the most reasonable costs to our clients, their families and other beneficiaries
News & Resources
- Cincinnati Business Courier, 09.04.2019