Family law can be an especially sensitive area because many of these matters, particularly when founder-controlled or multigenerational businesses are part of the mix, involve large sums of money and unique family dynamics.
We strive to provide our clients with the advice and counsel they need to successfully navigate both the emotional aspects of their family dynamic and the sophisticated business issues they face.
Our lawyers have extensive experience litigating complex cases that often involve privately-held businesses, business valuations, high-net-worth individuals and difficult custody issues.
Our lawyers also actively seek alternative dispute resolution methods when appropriate. We have several lawyers who are long standing members of the Cincinnati Academy of Collaborative Professionals. Collaborative family law is a dispute resolution model in which both parties retain separate, specially-trained, experienced family lawyers who help clients reach agreements which are specifically tailored to their family without court involvement. Understanding the unique needs of our clients is the center of collaborative law.
Our lawyers also participate in mediation of complex family-law cases. Helping clients to resolve their disagreements through compromise or a mutually beneficial resolution, while minimizing harm to their greater family relationships.
Our lawyers are knowledgeable and experienced in all areas of family law and provide the following services:
- Resolving matrimonial disputes, including all matters related to divorce, dissolution, child custody and property division
- Representing clients in connection with prenuptial agreements
- Performing mediation services as certified mediators
- Advising and planning for distributions of retirement benefits
News & Resources
- Forty-Eight Keating Muething & Klekamp Attorneys Selected for Inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America 201908.15.2018
- Forty-Three Keating Muething & Klekamp Attorneys Recognized in 2018 Ohio Super Lawyers and Ohio Rising Stars12.08.2017
- Tiffany M. Evans of Keating Muething & Klekamp To Receive the Cincinnati Bar Association’s Voice Award – 2016 Rising Star04.14.2016