The watchword for real estate is: location, location, location. While we agree that location is vitally important, so are numerous other, often highly nuanced, considerations. At KMK, our real estate lawyers understand, and know how to scrutinize, those nuances early in your site selection process—which can save you thousands or millions of dollars over a project’s life span.
Too often buyers of commercial and industrial sites begin with a real estate broker—and end with a lawyer when something goes wrong or negotiations become complex. Hiring a lawyer from the outset can ensure that all legal issues and economic considerations are properly evaluated, and all negotiations are fully and properly represented, ultimately saving you time and money. Working within our client’s parameters, our team adds value during each stage of the site selection process including:
- Assisting with site and incentives identification using our relationships with real estate brokers and developers nationwide
- Market analysis to identify the best site for the intended end use
- Zoning and transportation due diligence to ensure that the end use is compatible with allowable uses before spending too much time and money on the site
- Performing and/or assisting with contract or lease negotiations
- Obtaining zoning approval from the appropriate governmental jurisdiction
- Procuring economic incentives from the appropriate governmental or economic development agencies
Our site selection lawyers provide sophisticated, one-stop nationwide site selection services to developers and end users—and we do it cost effectively.
News & Resources
- Cincinnati Business Courier, 09.13.2019
- FC Cincinnati Stadium: Cincinnati Ballet Wants City Council to Hold Off on Key Stadium Vote Until Dispute is ResolvedCincinnati Enquirer, 02.08.2019
- KMK Law Real Estate Blog, 03.21.2019