Jason Stitt practices in the firm's Commercial Finance & Reorganization Group concentrating in the areas of bankruptcy, reorganization and creditors’ rights. He counsels individuals and companies in matters related to federal bankruptcy cases, including plan confirmation, substantive consolidation, relief from stay, §363 sales and bid procedures, disallowance of claims, DIP financing, non-dischargeability of debts, and mass tort asbestos bankruptcies, and out-of-court debt restructuring and work-outs. Jason routinely advises clients regarding contractual rights in bankruptcy and liquidation matters and priority rights under the Uniform Commercial Code.
Jason has extensive experience defending bankruptcy preference and fraudulent conveyance actions. He has also represented defendants in officer and director liability cases and “Ponzi” scheme claims. Jason has appeared in bankruptcy courts across the country.
Prior to joining KMK in 2004, Jason practiced with Sawyer & Glancy PLLC, a boutique commercial finance and bankruptcy firm in Lexington, KY.
Professional and Community Involvement
American Bankruptcy Institute, Volo Circuit Court Opinion First Responder, Editorial Board 2011
Attorney Advisory Committee, U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Ohio
Ohio State Bar Association
Cincinnati Bar Association
Kentucky Bar Association
March of Dimes, Master French Chef Gala, Planning Committee
United Way, Emerging Leaders Society 2009-11
Awards & Recognition
Named to Ohio Rising Stars, 2009-2013
Cincinnati Academy of Leadership for Lawyers - CALL Class XIV
News & Resources
"Building Blocks: Essential Tools for the Bankruptcy Practitioner," American Bankruptcy Institute (2012), Co-Editor
"The Dischargeability of Environmental Liabilities: Resolution for Diametrically Opposed Goals," 17.1 J. NAT. RESOURCES & ENVTL. L. (2003)
- Revised Ohio Receivership Statute Brings Clarity for Lenders and Prospective Foreclosure Sale PurchasersKMK Law Corporate & Securities Blog, 03.03.2015
- Revised Ohio Receivership Statute Brings Clarity for Lenders and Prospective Foreclosure Sale PurchasersKMK Law Real Estate Blog, 03.03.2015
- Revised Ohio Receivership Statute Brings Clarity for Lenders and Prospective Foreclosure Sale PurchasersKMK Law Complex Litigation Blog, 03.03.2015
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Kentucky
J.D., University of Kentucky College of Law, 2002
B.A., University of Kentucky, 1997