Geoff Leder's practice includes representing a variety of corporate, individual and non-profit clients in all aspects of the development, disposition, acquisition, leasing, finance and construction of commercial real estate. Geoff has assisted clients with the development of residential, retail, commercial, and mixed-use properties and has helped attract and utilize various incentives for those projects. In addition, Geoff has significant experience advising clients in the structuring, negotiating and closing of tax credit financing transactions, especially new markets tax credit, historic tax credit and opportunity zone financing. His practice also involves representing lenders, other lien holders and receivers in various foreclosure related matters.
Prior to attending law school, Geoff was Vice President of Print and New Media for Hammerhead Communications, a web and print marketing and communications company headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio.
Assisting real estate developers and operating businesses to secure new markets tax credit allocations for their projects.
Representation of qualified businesses, investors and community development entities in numerous new markets tax credit transactions for projects in various states.
Representation of developers in transactions involving federal and state historic rehabilitation tax credits.
Representation of developers looking to utilize opportunity zone investments.
Representation of real estate developers in the development, financing and leasing of suburban retail properties.
Representation of real estate developer in acquisition of distressed hotel property in a large urban center.
Representation of property management group serving as a receiver of several large commercial development properties in foreclosure actions throughout southern Ohio.
Representation of national and regional banks in foreclosure actions.
Professional and Community Involvement
Cincinnati Bar Association
Ohio State Bar Association
Cincinnati Fire Foundation, Board Member
Keep Cincinnati Beautiful, Board of Trustees
Oyler School, A.P. Hampton Mentoring Program
Indian Hill Club Board of Directors, General Counsel, Past Board Member
Youth Soccer Coach
Walnut Hills High School Environmental Mentorship Program
Awards & Recognition
Named to Ohio Rising Stars, 2014-2018
Leukemia & Lymphoma Society 2010 Man of the Year, Tri-State Chapter
News & Resources
- Cincinnati Business Courier, 03.01.2019
- How Tax Credit Aspect of Project WorksCBA Real Property Law CLE, 12.08.2017
- Incentives for Successful Preservation ProjectsHeritage Ohio Annual Conference, 10.18.2017
- The Competitive World of Economic Development Incentives: Growing Jobs, Attracting Talent, and Winning Your BusinessKMK Law Legal Update Seminar, 12.14.2016
- The Competitive World of Economic Development IncentivesKMK Legal Update, 12.14.2016
- Incentives for a Successful Preservation Rehabilitation ProjectHeritage Ohio Annual Conference, 10.12.2016
- New Markets and Historic Tax Credits and Their Impact on Development StrategiesAssociation of Corporate Counsel, 05.26.2016
"The Feres Doctrine, Negligent Prenatal Care, and Injuries to the Children of Pregnant Military Servicewomen: Brown v. United States," University of Cincinnati Law Review, Spring 2008
- KMK Law Real Estate Blog, 06.15.2018
- Ohio Foreclosure Reform Brings Standardization and Modernization to County Foreclosure Processes and Paves the Way for the Expedited Foreclosure of Vacant and Abandoned Residential PropertiesKMK Law Complex Litigation Blog, 09.28.2016
- Ohio Foreclosure Reform Brings Standardization and Modernization to County Foreclosure Processes and Paves the Way for the Expedited Foreclosure of Vacant and Abandoned Residential PropertiesKMK Law Corporate & Securities Blog, 09.28.2016
- Ohio Foreclosure Reform Brings Standardization and Modernization to County Foreclosure Processes and Paves the Way for the Expedited Foreclosure of Vacant and Abandoned Residential PropertiesKMK Law Real Estate Blog, 09.28.2016
- KMK Law Corporate & Securities Blog, 08.28.2013
- KMK Law Real Estate Blog, 08.28.2013
- KMK Law Real Estate Blog, 03.01.2010
J.D., University of Cincinnati College of Law, 2008, magna cum laude, Law Review, Associate Member, 2006-2007, Law Review, Citations Editor, 2007-2008
B.A., Vanderbilt University, 2000, magna cum laude