Bethany Recht regularly advises trustees of mass tort settlement trusts and qualified settlement funds on issues relating to all aspects of trust administration. Additionally, she has extensive litigation experience assisting clients with general business and commercial litigation matters. She has represented financial institutions, private equity funds, developers and major corporations in a wide range of matters including joint venture and partnerships disputes, real property disputes, problem loan disputes, fraud claims, breach of contract claims and insurance policy coverage issues.
Bethany is licensed to practice law in California, Ohio and Massachusetts. Prior to joining KMK, Bethany was an associate at DLA Piper LLP in Los Angeles and Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP in Boston.
She serves as Chair of the firm's Diversity Committee.
Professional and Community Involvement
Ohio Women's Bar Foundation, Leadership Institute Class of 2019-2020
Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (LCLD) Law School Mentoring Program, Mentor
KMK Law Diversity Case Competition, Chair (2019-2021)
Cincinnati Bar Association
Ohio State Bar Association
Massachusetts Bar Association
Awards & Recognition
Named to Ohio Rising Stars
Named to Southern California Rising Stars, 2010
News & Resources
- UKNow | University of Kentucky News, 03.17.2021
- KMK Law Congratulates the Participants of the Third Annual Diversity Case Competition for First Year Law Students01.20.2021
- Dayton Docket, 02.10.2020
- KMK Law Congratulates the Participants of the Inaugural Diversity Case Competition for First Year Law Students01.28.2019
- 2021 Ohio Women's Bar Association Annual Meeting & Conference, 04.29.2021
- 01.15.2021 & 01.16.2021
- KMK Law Legal Update Seminar, December 9, 2020, December 11, 2019, December 12, 2018, December 7, 2017, December 14, 2016, 11.20.2019
Breaking Up Is Hard To Do, Los Angeles Lawyer, January 2009
J.D., Northwestern University School of Law, 2005
B.A., University of Michigan, 2002