Emily Schott assists clients with commercial real estate matters, including the acquisition, sale, financing, development and leasing of commercial properties. She represents borrowers and lenders in financing transactions, landlords and tenants in leasing matters, and purchasers and sellers in property transfers.
In addition to her experience negotiating conventional financing, Emily has advised both lenders and borrowers with respect to construction and permanent loan documentation for low-income housing tax credit and new market tax credit transactions.
Emily has also represented owners, architects and contractors in connection with the negotiation of construction contracts and architect agreements, particularly AIA documents.
Prior to joining KMK Law, Emily worked as an Associate at a large Ohio-based law firm and at a national law firm in San Antonio, Texas. She earned her J.D. from Vanderbilt Law School in 2014 and her B.B.A. from the University of Notre Dame, magna cum laude, in 2011.
Professional and Community Involvement
St. Elizabeth Foundation, Gift of Health, 2018-Present
Blessed Sacrament Church, Violinist, 2018-Present
News & Resources
- KMK Law Legal Update Webinar, 12.09.2020
- Forbearances, Evictions and Notices to Vacate: Understanding the CARES Act and Ohio and Kentucky Orders04.06.2020
The 2017 A201 Deskbook, Chapter 8: Article 8 Time, © 2017, American Bar Association
- KMK Law Real Estate Blog, 03.23.2020
- KMK Law Corporate & Securities Blog, 03.20.2020
- KMK Law Corporate & Securities Blog, 03.18.2020
- KMK Law Corporate & Securities Blog, 03.16.2020
J.D., Vanderbilt Law School, 2014
B.B.A., University of Notre Dame, 2011