Every month, we see a new set of privacy best practices or a new set of regulations proposed or adopted by a state, Congress, the White House, or countries around the globe. The versions of best practices continue to multiply and the layers of regulation continue to expand. Every new group or political entity wants to out-perform the last – but has this one-upmanship gone too far?
KMK Law recently hosted its Third Annual Cybersecurity & Privacy Seminar. This seminar was developed for business owners of various sizes and for those in senior positions in Information Governance, Compliance/Risk Management, Human Resources, Legal and/or Information Technology.
On November 2, 2018 Ohio’s new Data Protection Act went into effect. The Ohio DPA creates a new statutory affirmative defense against data breach tort claims and identifies specific cybersecurity frameworks that are now presumptively reasonable. KMK Law and Gratia, Inc. partnered together to discuss the impact of Ohio DPA on businesses, the steps companies need to take as a result, and what this “safe harbor” really means.
KMK Law Corporate Partner, Rob Lesan, presented at Interface Cincinnati 2018 on the topic of "GDPR: What We're Learned So Far and What to Expect."
KMK Law Partner, Joe Callow, presented at the Greater Cincinnati ISSA Chapter Meeting on Wednesday, February 21, 2018 on the topic, "GDPR and Your Business: What You Need to Know and What You Need To Do." This presentation provided an updated analysis of GDPR, discussed its potential application, and provided action steps to establish compliance.
The risk of a data breach now tops the list of concerns of many in-house counsel and C-suite executives. Cyber insurance is an important component in managing this risk and mitigating the damages and loss that follow a data breach.
- Cybersecurity and Privacy Law
- Cybersecurity Regulation
- Cyber Insurance
- Data Breach
- Privacy Laws
- California Consumer Privacy Act
- General Data Protection Regulation
- Class Action Litigation
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Incident Response Plan
- Information Governance
- Corporate Law
- Federal Trade Commission
- Seventh Circuit
- Department of Justice
- 2023: The Year of the CPRA and CDPA - Virginia Joins California in Passing Comprehensive Privacy Legislation
- Cybersecurity Remains a Top Concern
- Data Security in the Remote-Work Environment – 10 Reminders Regarding Data Security and Cyber Attacks
- Stay Safe While “Zooming”
- Revisions to Proposed CCPA Regulations Released
- Happy New Year from the CCPA
- Can’t We All Get Along in the Cyber Sandbox?
- California's New Privacy Law is Coming - Are You Ready?
- Gearing up for National Cybersecurity Awareness Month: KMK Hosts Third Annual Cybersecurity & Privacy Seminar
- Ohio Data Protection Act - Safe Harbor for Businesses in Ohio