With the passing of the Utah Consumer Privacy Act and Connecticut Data Privacy Act, data privacy laws are back in the focus of business owners across America. Five states now have comprehensive data privacy protection for consumers—California, Virginia, Colorado, Utah, and Connecticut. Each of these states’ laws, including the recent amendment to the California Consumer Privacy Act, will come into effect in 2023. As we roll into mid-2022, this is the perfect time for businesses to become aware of the new data privacy requirements and begin to create internal compliance mechanisms. Over the next few weeks, we will be highlighting the various new requirements of each law, as well as providing guidance on key data privacy topics to be aware of as the new laws come into effect.
Nicole is admitted to practice law in Kentucky; Nicole is approved under Ohio Gov. Bar R. I § 19 to practice in Ohio while her application for admission is pending.
KMK Law articles and blog posts are intended to bring attention to developments in the law and are not intended as legal advice for any particular client or any particular situation. The laws/regulations and interpretations thereof are evolving and subject to change. Although we will attempt to update articles/blog posts for material changes, the article/post may not reflect changes in laws/regulations or guidance issued after the date the article/post was published. Please consult with counsel of your choice regarding any specific questions you may have.
© 2022 Keating Muething & Klekamp PLL. All Rights Reserved
- Cybersecurity and Privacy Law
- Privacy Laws
- California Consumer Privacy Act
- Cybersecurity Regulation
- Cyber Insurance
- Data Breach
- General Data Protection Regulation
- Class Action Litigation
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Incident Response Plan
- Information Governance
- Corporate Law
- Federal Trade Commission
- Seventh Circuit
- Department of Justice
- GDPR Compliance: What is Privacy Shield 2.0?
- Connecticut's Data Privacy Law
- The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and the California Privacy Rights Act (CPRA)
- The Utah Consumer Privacy Act
- The Colorado Privacy Act
- The Virginia Consumer Data Protection Act
- State Data Privacy Law Series
- TransUnion LLC v. Ramirez and the Impact on Class Action Litigation
- 2023: The Year of the CPRA and CDPA - Virginia Joins California in Passing Comprehensive Privacy Legislation
- Cybersecurity Remains a Top Concern