New rules regulating the Ohio Medical Marijuana Control Program became effective on September 8th. These recently finalized rules can be found in Ohio Administrative Code (“OAC”) Sections 3796:3, 4, 6, 7, 8 (http://codes.ohio.gov/oac/).
In the previous part of this two-part series, we discussed five special considerations that should be contemplated by emerging medical marijuana companies and their investors. In this post, we will cover the remaining five risk factors that should be disclosed in the company’s private offering materials, which consist of the following:
In this first post of a two-part series, we will examine five of the ten important risk factors that should be considered by medical marijuana companies and their investors.
The old real estate adage “location, location, location” takes on new meaning in the context of the medical marijuana industry.
In the recently enacted Medical Marijuana Control Program, the Ohio legislature provided municipalities with the authority to limit or prohibit, effectively “zone-out”, local medical marijuana operations.
On Tuesday August 1st, Senator Corey Booker (D-NJ) introduced the Marijuana Justice Act – legislation that would decriminalize marijuana at the federal level. The bill would remove marijuana from Schedule I of the Controlled Substances Act, and therefore eliminate the need to rely on the “Cole Memo” to resolve the tension between states that have legalized marijuana – either in medicinal or recreational forms – and the federal government, which still treats possession and distribution of marijuana in any form as a felony.
The State of Ohio Board of Pharmacy just released its draft dispensary districts. As you’ve probably heard, medical cannabis is roughly a year away from becoming reality in Ohio, and this step provides some initial insight into where a patient might be able to obtain medical cannabis with a physician’s prescription.
- Medical Marijuana
- Medical Cannabis Dispensaries
- Craft Brewing
- Trademark Trial and Appeal Board
- Private Placements
- Regulation D
- Securities Law
- Securities Regulation
- Department of Justice
- Intellectual Property
- Registered Trademark
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Drug Enforcement Agency
- Trademark Litigation
- There Goes the Neighborhood? – A Quick Look at the Sessions Memo
- Booze is Booze, Right? Not so fast...
- Did A Neural Network Just Solve Craft Brewing's Trademark Problems?
- New Rules Regulating the Ohio Medical Marijuana Control Program
- 10 Important Risk Factors to Disclose to Investors of Your Medical Marijuana Business (Part 2 of 2)
- 10 Important Risk Factors to Disclose to Investors of Your Medical Marijuana Business (Part 1 of 2)
- Medical Marijuana Zoning: Location, Location, Location
- Marijuana Justice Act Would Pave the Way for Marijuana Legalization
- Medical Cannabis Dispensaries Coming to Cincinnati...?
- Why Is The USPTO Treating Marijuana Differently For Patents Than For Trademarks?