- Posts by Christopher S. BrinkmanAssociate
Chris Brinkman practices in the firm's Business Representation & Transactions Group with a concentration in venture capital/private equity, start-ups & growth companies, securities, and mergers and acquisitions. Chris ...
This post is a follow-up to January’s cybersecurity post discussing the cybersecurity considerations in performing due diligence in M&A transactions. The previous discussion can be found here. This post addresses two contractual provisions, the closing conditions and indemnification, which, if properly utilized, can protect acquiring companies from taking on too much cybersecurity risk in M&A transactions.
- Cybersecurity and Privacy Law
- Cybersecurity Regulation
- Cyber Insurance
- Data Breach
- Privacy Laws
- California Consumer Privacy Act
- General Data Protection Regulation
- Class Action Litigation
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Incident Response Plan
- Information Governance
- Corporate Law
- Federal Trade Commission
- Seventh Circuit
- Department of Justice
- 2023: The Year of the CPRA and CDPA - Virginia Joins California in Passing Comprehensive Privacy Legislation
- Cybersecurity Remains a Top Concern
- Data Security in the Remote-Work Environment – 10 Reminders Regarding Data Security and Cyber Attacks
- Stay Safe While “Zooming”
- Revisions to Proposed CCPA Regulations Released
- Happy New Year from the CCPA
- Can’t We All Get Along in the Cyber Sandbox?
- California's New Privacy Law is Coming - Are You Ready?
- Gearing up for National Cybersecurity Awareness Month: KMK Hosts Third Annual Cybersecurity & Privacy Seminar
- Ohio Data Protection Act - Safe Harbor for Businesses in Ohio