Ohio recently enacted the Ohio Data Protection Act which was part of Attorney General DeWine’s CyberOhio Initiative. The Act will go into effect on November 2, 2018. Every Ohio business should be familiar with the Ohio DPA and determine whether they can or want to qualify for the benefits. The Ohio DPA also provides another reminder of the importance of examining and evaluating your data protection and written information governance policies.
September 2018 was a busy month for data privacy. We expect the next several months to be extremely active as well, especially with the number of new complaints and data breach notices filed in Europe since May. We will continue to monitor and update developments as the data privacy framework continues to evolve.
- Cybersecurity and Privacy Law
- Cybersecurity Regulation
- Cyber Insurance
- Data Breach
- Privacy Laws
- California Consumer Privacy Act
- General Data Protection Regulation
- Class Action Litigation
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Incident Response Plan
- Information Governance
- Corporate Law
- Federal Trade Commission
- Seventh Circuit
- Department of Justice
- TransUnion LLC v. Ramirez and the Impact on Class Action Litigation
- 2023: The Year of the CPRA and CDPA - Virginia Joins California in Passing Comprehensive Privacy Legislation
- Cybersecurity Remains a Top Concern
- Data Security in the Remote-Work Environment – 10 Reminders Regarding Data Security and Cyber Attacks
- Stay Safe While “Zooming”
- Revisions to Proposed CCPA Regulations Released
- Happy New Year from the CCPA
- Can’t We All Get Along in the Cyber Sandbox?
- California's New Privacy Law is Coming - Are You Ready?
- Gearing up for National Cybersecurity Awareness Month: KMK Hosts Third Annual Cybersecurity & Privacy Seminar