Our Litigation Group has one of the preeminent trial practice teams in this region with an unparalleled depth of lawyers who try sophisticated cases in state and federal courts throughout the country. This level of trial experience creates outstanding judgment and perspective in managing litigation. Our litigators are client-driven and always seek the most pragmatic, cost-effective solution for clients. We achieve the best possible results at reasonable costs, whether through an early settlement or after a lengthy trial.
One Office By Choice — We are often asked how we can compete with multi-city, multi-office law firms for sophisticated legal work in the region and around the country. The answer: quite well.
Multiple offices equate to higher overhead costs, which are passed through to clients in the form of higher billing rates. At KMK, we have all of our personnel in one office, allowing us to minimize fixed costs, which translates to lower fees compared to most other firms.
Rather than invest in bricks and mortar office space, KMK has invested in technology – virtual offices, proprietary extranet capabilities, and technologies which make us more efficient and allow us to communicate effectively with clients with less wasted resources. We travel whenever and wherever we are needed, and we lower our costs and bridge distances through the effective use of technology.
This strategy has worked for KMK and our clients, and we have been fortunate to represent clients in legal work across the country, giving us experience and unparalleled depth in business and class action litigation. Top to bottom, our litigation group has more practical lawyering experience than most multi-office firms, which translates to added value at every level of attorney work.
Our clients agree that KMK provides the same or better quality service as "big city," multi-office law firms, at rates that our clients appreciate. KMK: National Footprint, Midwest Value.
- Cintas Corporation
- Fifth Third Bank
- General Cable Corp.
- Rumpke Companies, Inc.
- State ex rel Myles v. Brunner
- Jack I. Hope v. City of Hillsboro
- Worldwide Equipment, Inc. v. United States
- Covenant Dove LLC et al v. Mariner Health Care et al
- In re: Pressure Sensitive Labelstock Antitrust Litigation
- Cincom Systems, Inc. v. Novelis Corp.
- David and Karen Krause v. Dr. Lawrence Rothstein and The Greater Cincinnati Pain Management Centers (GCPMC)
- Rumpke Sanitary Landfill, Inc. v. State of Ohio
- In re Adams
- State v. Taylor
- April Westfall, et al. v. Kendle International, Inc. and Kendle International CPU LLC
- Charles Kromer, Jr. v. Fifth Third Bancorp and Fifth Third Securities, Inc.
- Cintas Corporation v. UNITE HERE, et al.
- Jackson Chin, et al. v. Republic Indemnity Company of America
- Matthew Marks, et al. v. Infinity Insurance Company
- Mirna E. Serrano, et al. v. Cintas Corporation
- Paul Veliz, et al. v. Cintas Corporation
- Richard L. Phillips v. Tradesman International, Inc.
- Eight Keating Muething & Klekamp Attorneys Named Cincy Leading Lawyers by Cincy Magazine
- Keating Muething & Klekamp Hires Four New Associates
- Keating Muething & Klekamp Achieves National and Metropolitan Rankings in 2015 “Best Law Firms” Report by U.S. News and Best Lawyers
- Cincinnati Law Firm Keating Muething & Klekamp Elects Two New Partners
- Keating Muething & Klekamp Hires Five New Attorneys
- Keating Muething & Klekamp Hires Three New Associates
- Keating Muething & Klekamp Achieves National and Metropolitan Rankings in “Best Law Firms” Report by U.S. News and Best Lawyers
- Cincinnati Law Firm Keating Muething & Klekamp Elects Four New Partners
- Keating Muething & Klekamp Partner Michael L. Scheier To Be Inducted as Fellow to Litigation Counsel of America
- Joseph E. Lehnert Joins Keating Muething & Klekamp’s Litigation and Commercial Finance & Reorganization Groups
- Keating Muething & Klekamp Wins Historical Award of Attorneys Fees from EEOC in Employment Discrimination Case
- Keating Muething & Klekamp Construction Contract Case Was Recently Published by Court of Appeals
- Keating Muething & Klekamp wins court order banning demolition of client's historic buildings
- Keating Muething & Klekamp wins U.S. Court of Appeals Case for Worldwide Equipment against IRS
- KMK Partner Gregory M. Utter Inducted as Fellow to Litigation Counsel of America
- KMK Attorneys Michael L. Scheier and Benjamin G. Stewart Won a Judgment of $1.3 Million Plus Award of Attorneys' Fees for their Client
- KMK Attorney Richard Creighton Helps Secure $46.5 Million in International Antitrust Class Action Case Settlements
- KMK Wins Appellate Court Decision that Will Impact Treatment of IP Rights in Software License Agreements
- KMK Attorney William A. Posey Wins $1.372 MM in Medical Malpractice Case Including $500,000 in Punitive Damages Against GCPMC for Altering or Falsifying Records
- KMK Attorney Joseph L. Trauth, Jr. Wins Court Decision for Rumpke
- Judge Norbert Nadel Rules Rider to State Budget Unconstitutional; Rumpke Wins Case
- KMK Attorneys James E. Burke and Charles M. Miller Win Unanimous Ohio Supreme Court Ruling; KMK Protects Ohio Voters
- KMK Attorney Michael L. Scheier Appointed as Co-Chair of Firm's Litigation Practice Group
- KMK Attorney Charles Miller Wins Unanimous Affirmance from the Ohio Supreme Court
- Best Practices for Responding to Third-Party Subpoenas, September 26, 2013
- KMK E-Discovery Symposium, Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza, September 17, 2013
- Where Is This Wave Taking Us? An Update on Social Media, The American Institute of Architects, Cincinnati Chapter, August 12, 2010
- Where Is This Wave Taking Us? An Update on Social Media, July 20, 2010
- Where Is This Wave Taking Us?, GE Aviation Learning Centre, GE Aviation Employees and General Invitees, May 7, 2010
- Understanding the Legalities of Social Media: Protecting Yourself & Your Company, October 27, 2009
- Sustainability on Trial: Contracting and Litigation Risks with High Performance Buildings, Green Buildings & New Technology Conference, 2008
- New Temporary Rules for the Ohio Commercial Docket, September 10, 2008
- Here's What the Supreme Court Ruling on Fifth Third Case Means, Cincinnati Business Courier, June 25, 2014
- High Court Nixes Stock-Drop Presumption of Prudence, Law360, June 25, 2014
- The American Express Decision: Arbitration and Class Action Waivers, June 21, 2013
- Client Alert: KMK Forms Evolving Media & Technology Team to Help Clients Navigate Social Media's Legal and Business Challenges, May 4, 2010
- Qualcomm Evades Wireless Transmission Patent Suit, Law 360, February 24, 2010
- Court Tosses Fifth Third Workers' Fees Claim Filed Shortly After Limitations Period Expired, Pension and Benefits Daily, October 6, 2009
- Employer Stock: Fifth Third's Retention of Employer Stock Wasn't a Fiduciary Breach, Court Decides, Pension and Benefits Daily, March 3, 2009
- Legal Alert: Real Estate Tax Appeal Season To Get Underway, November 17, 2008
- 10 Ways to Reduce Litigation Costs, The CBA Report, January 2, 2008
- Corporate Investigations Group Update: Special Committee Reports Could Jeopardize Attorney-Client Privilege, December 27, 2007
- Corporate Investigations Group Update: Can Parent Companies Share Attorney-Client Communications?, August 1, 2007
Areas of Concentration
- Appellate Law
- Arbitration & Mediation
- Aviation Litigation
- Class Action Litigation
- Commercial & Securities Litigation
- Construction Litigation
- Creditors' Rights Litigation
- E-Discovery & Litigation Support Group (ED/LSG)
- Environmental Claims
- ERISA Litigation Defense Team
- False Claims Act & Qui Tam Litigation
- Financial Services Litigation
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Mass Tort
- Mass Tort Bankruptcy
- Mass Tort Settlement Trusts
- Personal Injury / Wrongful Death
- Product Liability
Related KMK Blogs
- E-Discovery & Litigation Support Group (ED/LSG)
- Employment Litigation
- Evolving Media & Technology Team
- Family Law
- Green Team