Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation
Our Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation Group provides sophisticated and practical legal advice to our clients regarding a broad spectrum of matters. Our diverse group of clients includes large publicly-traded companies, smaller privately- held businesses, non-profit organizations, and individuals. We take the time to listen so that we can develop packages and plans that will meet the specific needs and requirements of our clients.
KMK's Employee Benefits attorneys have the bench strength and depth of experience needed to successfully service clients with diverse, sophisticated benefits practices that cover all benefits areas, such as Deferred Compensation, HIPAA Privacy matters, and corporate transactions.
KMK has the cross-functional capabilities to seamlessly work with attorneys in other specialty areas, such as Mergers & Acquisitions, Securities Regulations, Labor & Employment, and others — both within the firm and with other law firms as needed.
- Several of KMK's national and international clients chose KMK specifically for our Employee Benefits work. With these clients, we are adept at dealing with multiple law firms in regard to the clients' other legal issues.
- KMK also has national and international clients that use KMK for many of their legal needs, including Employee Benefits work. For these clients, KMK works seamlessly with our internal attorneys in other functional practice areas to coordinate the proper legal solutions.
We provide the following services:
- Advise proactively to reduce our clients' exposure to complaints, governmental agency actions, and union-related problems while considering our clients’ practical needs
- Design and implement all types of employee benefit plans and arrangements and executive compensation programs and agreements
- Advise on employee benefits administration legal issues
- Advise on regulatory compliance and fiduciary issues affecting employee benefit and executive compensation plans and arrangements
- Advise on employee benefits issues associated with business restructuring transactions such as mergers, acquisitions, reductions in force, and business shutdowns
- Advise on regulatory compliance, disclosure and fiduciary issues affecting custodians, trustees and investment advisors of employee benefit plans, and individual retirement accounts
- Provide technical assistance to our litigation lawyers when our clients are involved in litigation
- American Financial Group, Inc.
- Belcan Corporation
- Castellini Company
- Chiquita Brands International, Inc.
- The Christ Hospital
- Cincinnati Group Health Associates
- Cincinnati Financial Corporation
- Cintas Corporation
- Disabled American Veterans
- LSI Industries Inc.
- Luxottica Retail
- Mercy Health Partners
- Things Remembered, Inc.
- TSS Technologies Inc.
- Vantiv, LLC
- Wallingford Coffee Mills, Inc.
- Keating Muething & Klekamp Achieves National and Metropolitan Rankings in 2016 “Best Law Firms” Report by U.S. News and Best Lawyers
- Keating Muething & Klekamp Achieves National and Metropolitan Rankings in 2015 “Best Law Firms” Report by U.S. News and Best Lawyers
- KMK Law Attorneys Served As Lead Counsel in Complex Joint Venture Deal Involving Entities in 18 Countries and Combined Annual Revenues in Excess of $600 Million
- Keating Muething & Klekamp Achieves National and Metropolitan Rankings in “Best Law Firms” Report by U.S. News and Best Lawyers
- Cybersecurity & Privacy Seminar, April 27, 2015
- QDRO Issues from Plan Sponsor's Perspective, Northern Kentucky Convention Center, June 14, 2013
- The Impact of President Obama's Second Term on Businesses, Schiff Conference Center, Cintas Center, Xavier University, November 28, 2012
- Legal Alert: KMK’s Cybersecurity & Privacy Team, December 19, 2014
- Legal Alert: Supreme Court Upholds Health Care Reform Law, July 5, 2012
- How to Attract -- And Retain -- Staff When You Can't Pay Big Bucks, Entrepreneur.com, June 27, 2012
- Court Tosses Fifth Third Workers' Fees Claim Filed Shortly After Limitations Period Expired, Pension and Benefits Daily, October 6, 2009
- Employer Stock: Fifth Third's Retention of Employer Stock Wasn't a Fiduciary Breach, Court Decides, Pension and Benefits Daily, March 3, 2009
Areas of Concentration
- Business Restructuring Transactions & Shutdowns
- Designing & Implementing Employee Benefit Plans & Compensation Programs
- Designing & Implementing Executive Compensation Plans & Arrangements
- Employee Benefits Administration Legal Issues
- Employee Benefits Regulatory Compliance & Fiduciary Issues
- HIPAA Privacy and Security Compliance
- Regulatory Compliance for Trustees, Custodians & Investment Managers