Labor & Employment
KMK's Labor & Employment Group understands the importance of maintaining positive employee relations and a productive work environment. We advise and represent employers of all types. We help managers deal with change as well as avoid costly litigation by assisting with the development and implementation of human resources practices, personnel policies, disciplinary procedures, employment agreements, performance evaluations, and union avoidance strategies.
KMK represents and advises clients across the spectrum of Labor & Employment matters — from routine, day-to-day questions that we may answer via phone and email, to the most complex labor-related class action litigation and employer representation in union-related matters.
Our attorneys represent national companies nationally: our attorneys are licensed in Ohio, Kentucky, and Texas, and they routinely travel across the country as our practice is national in scope. In fact, our group's attorneys have handled cases in nearly every state.
- American Financial Group, Inc.
- Belcan Corporation
- Cintas Corporation
- LSI Industries Inc.
- April Westfall, et al. v. Kendle International, Inc. and Kendle International CPU LLC
- Charles Kromer, Jr. v. Fifth Third Bancorp and Fifth Third Securities, Inc.
- Cintas Corporation v. UNITE HERE, et al.
- Jackson Chin, et al. v. Republic Indemnity Company of America
- Matthew Marks, et al. v. Infinity Insurance Company
- Mirna E. Serrano, et al. v. Cintas Corporation
- Paul Veliz, et al. v. Cintas Corporation
- Richard L. Phillips v. Tradesman International, Inc.
- Keating Muething & Klekamp Welcomes Partner Kasey Bond to Its Labor & Employment Group
- Keating Muething & Klekamp Named a 2013 Leading Law Firm by Chambers USA
- Caroline M. Koehler Joins Keating Muething & Klekamp’s Labor & Employment Group
- Jennifer D. Johnson Joins Keating Muething & Klekamp’s Labor & Employment Group
- Keating Muething & Klekamp Welcomes G. Randall Ayers as Partner and Practice Leader of its Labor & Employment Group
- Forty-Six Keating Muething & Klekamp Attorneys Recognized in 2013 Ohio Super Lawyers and Ohio Rising Stars
- Keating Muething & Klekamp Receives National Recognition in 2013 “Best Law Firms” Rankings by U.S. News and Best Lawyers
- Keating Muething & Klekamp Is Named the Top-Listed Law Firm in Ohio and Cincinnati in Numerous Areas of Law by The Best Lawyers in America 2013
- Keating Muething & Klekamp Wins Historical Award of Attorneys Fees from EEOC in Employment Discrimination Case
- Keating Muething & Klekamp's Client Granted Summary Judgment in Federal Court Employment Case
- The Impact of President Obama's Second Term on Businesses, Schiff Conference Center, Cintas Center, Xavier University, November 28, 2012
- Labor & Employment Management Roundtable: Protecting Your Company Against Expensive Wage and Hour Lawsuits and Audits, Keating Muething & Klekamp, Spring 2011
- Managing the Injured Employers: Workers' Compensation Overview and Other Leave Laws, Greater Cincinnati Human Resources Association, August 19, 2010
- EEO Investigations, Minefield for HR Professionals, Employers's Resource Association, August 17, 2010
- Where Is This Wave Taking Us? An Update on Social Media, The American Institute of Architects, Cincinnati Chapter, August 12, 2010
- Where Is This Wave Taking Us? An Update on Social Media, July 20, 2010
- Where Is This Wave Taking Us?, GE Aviation Learning Centre, GE Aviation Employees and General Invitees, May 7, 2010
- Legal Alert: Court Awards Double Damages for Employer’s Failure to Inform Employee How FMLA Leave Is Calculated, February 16, 2012
- Legal Alert: Ohio's New Military Family Leave Law Takes Effect on July 2, 2010, June 29, 2010
- Legal Alert: New Posting Requirements for Federal Contractors and Subcontractors, June 16, 2010
- Client Alert: KMK Forms Evolving Media & Technology Team to Help Clients Navigate Social Media's Legal and Business Challenges, May 4, 2010
- Legal Alert: Congress Expands FMLA's Family Military Leave Entitlements, November 5, 2009
- Legal Alert: New I-9 Form Required, January 8, 2009
- Legal Alert: FMLA Amendments and New Regulations, December 5, 2008
- Legal Alert: The Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act of 2008, September 29, 2008
- Legal Alert: Breaking News for Ohio Employers, September 4, 2008
- Legal Alert: Employers Can No Longer Ignore Social Security "No-Match" Letters, August 14, 2007