Robert C. Lesan, III
Rob Lesan is a partner in the firm's Business Representation and Transactions Practice Group. He has broad experience in mergers, acquisitions and divestitures encompassing both public and private acquisitions, dispositions, carve-outs, co-investments, joint ventures and general corporate matters.
Rob has substantial experience in technology transactions, representing firm clients in matters ranging from traditional software licensing and development to structuring sophisticated cloud services offerings. Rob is a co-chair of the firm’s Cybersecurity & Privacy Team.
In addition to his M&A and technology focus, Rob also acts in a general counsel capacity for numerous firm clients. He has advised clients such as Cintas Corporation, AtriCure, Inc., American Financial Group, Inc., Belcan Corporation, 84.51 LLC, Orchard Holdings Group, LLC, Chiquita Brands International, Inc., Meridian Bioscience, Inc., Gensuite, LLC, Escort, Inc. and Aero Fulfillment Corporation.
Rob serves as a member of the firm's Diversity Committee.
- Represented AtriCure, Inc. in connection with its acquisition of nContact, Inc. for approximately $100 million in cash and stock.
- Represented Belcan Corporation in connection with its acquisition by AE Industrial Partners for an undisclosed amount.
- Represented Great American Financial Resources, Inc., a subsidiary of American Financial Group, Inc., in connection with the divestiture of its long term care and medical supplemental insurance businesses.
- Represented AtriCure, Inc. in connection with its acquisition of Endoscopic Technologies, Inc. for up to $60 million in cash and stock.
Awards & Recognitions
- Named to Ohio Rising Stars
- KMK Law Second Annual Cybersecurity & Privacy Seminar, Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza, June 8, 2016
- The Law of Electronic Transactions, an Insurance Perspective, 104th Life and Health Compliance Association Meeting, May 14, 2015
- Cybersecurity & Privacy Seminar, April 27, 2015
- Electronic Signatures: The Law, Emerging Practice and Potential Pitfalls, Association of Corporate Counsel, October 22, 2014
Professional & Community Involvement
- Cincinnati Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- J. Reuben Clark Law Society
- Kenzie's Closet, Board Member
- Cincinnati Academy of Leadership for Lawyers, Class XVIII (2013), Fellow
One East Fourth Street
Cincinnati OH 45202
TEL: (513) 579-6939
FAX: (513) 579-6457
- Cybersecurity & Privacy Team
- Healthcare Team
- Intellectual Property
- Start-Ups and Growth Companies
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Private Placements
- Private Equity / Venture Capital
- KMK Law Corporate & Securities Blog
- KMK Law Cybersecurity & Privacy Blog
- KMK Law Electronic Discovery Road Map Blog
Bar & Court Admissions
- J.D., J. Reuben Clark Law School, Brigham Young University, 2005; cum laude; Law Review
- B.S., The Ohio State University, 2000; magna cum laude