Kasey L. Bond
For 18 years, Kasey Bond has been helping business clients protect and grow their organizations through the effective application of labor and employment laws. She brings extensive experience to bear for her clients, including serving as lead counsel in numerous trials in both state and federal court. In addition to trial experience, Kasey has experience arbitrating grievances for unionized employers; representing employers in unfair labor practice proceedings before the National Labor Relations Board; counseling employers regarding various union issues, including organizing campaigns and union avoidance; representing employers in litigation involving claims under Title VII, ADEA, ADA, FLSA, and FMLA; representing employers in proceedings before the EEOC; and counseling clients regarding miscellaneous employment issues, including wage-hour, family and medical leave, discipline and termination issues. Kasey also regularly counsels clients in litigation avoidance and dispute resolution techniques.
- Weckel v. Cole and Russell Architects (Ham. Cty. 2016) - Lead counsel in successful defense of trial seeking to enforce contract.
- Evans v. UPS (S.D. Ohio 2012) - Lead counsel in successful defense of jury trial of FMLA retaliation case.
- Weckel v. Cole and Russell Architects (Ham. Cty. 2011) - Lead counsel in successful defense of jury trial involving claims for wrongful discharge in violation of public policy.
- Watts v. UPS (S.D. Ohio 2011) - Lead counsel in successful defense of jury trial involving disability discrimination claim.
- Meyer v. UPS (Ham. Cty. 2010) - Lead counsel in successful defense of bench trial involving workers’ compensation retaliation claim.
- Watts v. United Parcel Service, Inc. (S.D. Ohio 2008) - Lead counsel in successful defense of jury trial including claims for gender discrimination and retaliation.
- Meyer v. United Parcel Service, Inc. (Oh. Sup. Ct.; 1st Dist. Ct. App. 2009) - Lead counsel in appeal that limited the scope of age discrimination claims under Ohio law.
- Shaffer v. The Stoner-Brater Ins. Agency (Ham. Cty. 2006) - Lead counsel in successful defense of jury trial including claims for sexual harassment and assault and battery.
- Bickers v. Western-Southern Life Insurance Co. (Oh. Sup. Ct. 2007) - Reversing prior decision that expanded wrongful discharge claims.
Awards & Recognitions
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America, 2016-2017
- Named to Ohio Super Lawyers, 2017
- Named to Ohio Rising Stars, 2007, 2009
- Received Next Generation Leader Award, Legal Services, LEGACY, 2011
- Leadership Northern Kentucky Class of 2012, Vice President
- Forty-Four Keating Muething & Klekamp Attorneys Recognized in 2017 Ohio Super Lawyers and Ohio Rising Stars
- Forty-Nine Keating Muething & Klekamp Attorneys Selected for Inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America 2017
- Keating Muething & Klekamp Represents Cintas in Acquisition of Zee Medical from McKesson Corp for Approximately $130 Million
- GCHRA Legal Briefing: Workplace Communications Best Practices, Humana Center, Cincinnati, Ohio, Greater Cincinnati Human Resources Association, July 17, 2014
Professional & Community Involvement
- American Bar Association
- Ohio Bar Association
- Cincinnati Bar Association
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Texas State Bar Association
- United Way of Greater Cincinnati, Board and Executive Committee Member
- Northern Kentucky United Way Action Council, Chairperson
- Big Brothers/Big Sisters of Greater Cincinnati, Past Board Member
- Redwood Express, Board of Overseers
One East Fourth Street
Cincinnati OH 45202
TEL: (513) 579-6491
FAX: (513) 579-6457
- Employment Litigation
- Employment Practices & Procedures
- Labor / Management Relations
- Non-Compete Agreements
- Statutory Compliance
- Wage-Hour Issues
- Workers' Compensation
- Workplace Safety and Health
Bar & Court Admissions
- J.D., Vanderbilt University Law School, 1998, Dean's List, Corpus Juris Secundum awards in Labor Relations and Federal Courts
- B.A., University of Kentucky, Political Science and Spanish, 1995, summa cum laude, Departmental Honors in Political Science, National Merit Scholarship