Geoffrey G. Leder
Geoff Leder practices in the firm’s Real Estate Group. His practice includes representing a variety of corporate, individual and non-profit clients in all aspects of the development, disposition, acquisition, leasing, finance, and construction of commercial real estate. Geoff has experience in advising clients in the structuring and documentation of all facets of transactions, including new markets tax credit and historic tax credit financing. His practice also involves representing lenders, other lien holders and receivers in various foreclosure related matters.
Prior to attending law school, Geoff was Vice President of Print and New Media for Hammerhead Communications, a web and print marketing and communications company headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio.
- Assisting real estate developers and operating businesses to secure new markets tax credit allocations for their projects.
- Representation of qualified businesses, investors and community development entities in numerous new markets tax credit transactions for projects in various states.
- Representation of developers in transactions involving federal and state historic rehabilitation tax credits.
- Representation of real estate developer and property management organization in acquisition of numerous large apartment complexes located throughout Greater Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky.
- Representation of real estate developer in acquisition of distressed hotel property in a large urban center.
- Representation of property management group serving as a receiver of several large commercial development properties in foreclosure actions throughout southern Ohio.
- Representation of national and regional banks in foreclosure actions.
- Representation of owner of commercial property in achieving a $1.1 million property tax valuation reduction, a property tax savings of over $22,000 per year.
Awards & Recognitions
- Named to Ohio Rising Stars, 2014-2017
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society 2010 Man of the Year, Tri-State Chapter
- Forty-Four Keating Muething & Klekamp Attorneys Recognized in 2017 Ohio Super Lawyers and Ohio Rising Stars
- Cincinnati Law Firm Keating Muething & Klekamp Elects Five New Partners
- Learn How New Markets Tax Credits Stimulate Growth, March 25, 2014
- Legal Alert: Ohio Foreclosure Reform Brings Standardization and Modernization to County Foreclosure Processes and Paves the Way for the Expedited Foreclosure of Vacant and Abandoned Residential Properties, September 28, 2016
- "The Feres Doctrine, Negligent Prenatal Care, and Injuries to the Children of Pregnant Military Servicewomen: Brown v. United States," University of Cincinnati Law Review, Spring 2008
Professional & Community Involvement
- Cincinnati Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Light the Night Corporate Team Captain
- Cincinnati Fire Foundation, Board Member
- Catholic-Inner-City Schools Education Fund
- Keep Cincinnati Beautiful, Board of Trustees
- Oyler School, A.P. Hampton Mentoring Program
- Indian Hill Club Board of Directors, General Counsel, Past Board Member
- Youth Soccer Coach
One East Fourth Street
Cincinnati OH 45202
TEL: (513) 562-1403
FAX: (513) 579-6457
- Real Estate Taxation
- Construction & Development
- Real Estate Sales, Acquisitions & Leasing
- Land Use, Zoning & Eminent Domain
- Real Estate Financing
Bar & Court Admissions
- J.D., University of Cincinnati College of Law, 2008; magna cum laude; Law Review, Associate Member, 2006-2007; Law Review, Citations Editor, 2007-2008
- B.A., Vanderbilt University, 2000; magna cum laude