Adrienne J. Roach
Adrienne Roach is dedicated to helping clients achieve the optimal solutions to difficult family law issues. Adrienne is a fierce advocate for her clients. She understands that family law issues are highly personal and emotionally charged matters by nature, deserving of a well-considered and customized solution in order to achieve the desired outcomes. Adrienne takes a fully-engaged approach with her clients, educating and empowering them so that they may consider all options and make well-informed decisions about their futures. Adrienne’s clients appreciate the high level of responsiveness and personal attention she offers during what is usually the most important and stressful legal matter that her clients face during their lifetimes.
While adept and experienced in contentious litigation advocacy and court trials, Adrienne prefers to work with her clients to find collaborative resolutions to divorce and dissolution. As a member of both the International Academy of Collaborative Professionals and the Collaborative Family Lawyers of Cincinnati, Adrienne’s goal is to partner with other professionals such as accountants, financial advisors, and mental health therapists to help her clients achieve their goals in a civil manner as opposed to an openly adversarial manner. This approach is especially beneficial in cases of divorce in which both parties will be required to continue to communicate and negotiate ongoing custody and visitation issues related to their minor and/or special needs children. In these cases, it is particularly important to maintain a foundation of communication and cooperation between the two parties to protect both parties’ relationship with the children. In addition, the collaborative process may be the preferred approach when one or both parties wishes to keep their divorce negotiations private, thereby bypassing the courtroom and public recording of the proceedings.
Adrienne frequently represents executives, business owners, and their spouses in all matters related to family law, including divorce, dissolution, paternity actions, pre-marital agreements and various other proceedings that involve custody, visitation and support issues. Adrienne has significant experience handling cases that involve the valuation and division of privately-owned businesses; complex compensation, investment and retirement plans; commercial and residential real estate; and other complex assets. In addition, as a partner with a general service business law firm, she has ready access to her partners who have vast experience in specific areas of law such as Corporate Transactions, Real Estate, Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation, Estate Planning and Trust Administration, and Tax Law. Drawing on the knowledge and experience of her partners within the confidential confines of a single law firm has been of tremendous benefit to Adrienne’s clients. A frequent lecturer on family law issues throughout the state of Ohio, Adrienne also has contributed articles on various topics to Law You Can Use, a weekly consumer legal information column provided by the Ohio State Bar Association.
Adrienne has completed the Family Law Trial Advocacy Institute with the American Bar Association. She also has completed training in Collaborative Family Law.
Licensed to practice law in Ohio and Kentucky, Adrienne represents clients in Hamilton, Butler, Warren and Clermont counties in Ohio and in Boone, Kenton, Campbell and Jefferson counties in Kentucky.
Adrienne currently serves as chair of KMK's Diversity and Inclusion Committee and co-chair of the firm's Women's Initiative.
Awards & Recognitions
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America, 2013-2015
- Named to Ohio Super Lawyers, 2011-2015; Named one of the Top 50 women lawyers in Ohio, 2012-2015; one of the Top 100 women lawyers in Ohio, 2015; one of the Top 25 women lawyers in Cincinnati, 2012-2015, and one of the Top 50 lawyers in Cincinnati, 2014-2015
- Named to Cincy Leading Lawyers, 2009-2015
- Named Ohio Rising Star, 2005-2007
- Cincinnati Academy of Leadership for Lawyers, Class VIII (2004), Fellow
- Eight Keating Muething & Klekamp Attorneys Named Cincy Leading Lawyers by Cincy Magazine
- Forty-five Keating Muething & Klekamp Attorneys Recognized in 2015 Ohio Super Lawyers and Ohio Rising Stars
- Forty-six Keating Muething & Klekamp Attorneys Selected for Inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America 2015
- Personal Protection in Succession Planning, KMK Law Offices, February 24, 2015
Mentioned & Quoted
- When 'I Do' Becomes 'I Don't', Venue Magazine, Summer 2013
Professional & Community Involvement
- American Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Cincinnati Bar Association, Domestic Relations Committee, Chairperson, 2006-2008; Vice Chair, 2004-2006; CLE Chair, 2004-2006; Secretary, 2002-2004; Admissions and Legal Education Committee, 2012-present
- Cincinnati Bar Foundation, Vice President, 2014-present; Trustee, 2006-present; Treasurer, 2012-2014
- Collaborative Family Lawyers of Cincinnati
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals, Member
- Ohio Supreme Court Mentoring Program, Mentor
- Kentucky Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Northern Kentucky Collaborative Group, Inc.
- Northern Kentucky Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association, Family Law Committee
- University of Richmond, Alumni Recruitment Committee
- National Institute Trial Advocacy, Former Instructor
- Art Machine, Inc., Former Member Board of Directors
- Oyler School, A.P. Hampton Mentoring Program, Former Participant
- Athena Awards Nomination Review Committee, 2012, 2013
- American Lung Association, Member Cincinnati Chapter
- Lung Cancer Alliance, Volunteer, Phone Buddy Program Participant
- Young Professionals of the American Cancer Society, Member
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, Team in Training, Past Marathon Participant and Fundraiser
One East Fourth Street
Cincinnati OH 45202
TEL: (513) 579-6487
FAX: (513) 579-6457
Bar & Court Admissions
- J.D., University of Cincinnati College of Law, 1996
- B.A., University of Richmond, 1993; magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa