Interbrand has just released its annual listing of the Top 100 Global Brands. The full document is viewable here.
The biggest movers – by way of increased value – in this year’s survey include Apple (up 37%), Google (up 36%), and Blackberry (up 34%). The biggest losers this year were Harley-Davidson (down 24%), Toyota (down 16% - thanks, “unintended acceleration”), and Nokia (down 15% - thanks, Apple and Blackberry).
The annual Interbrand rankings, which are perhaps the best known and most well respected of several such annual brand valuations, are worth a full read, particularly Interbrand’s 10 Principals of Strong Brands. These qualities are essential for any brand, whether one of the global mega-brands profiled in the report or a new brand trying to get off the ground. Marketing folks would be wise to keep these principals in mind when developing their brands; not just because it gives you a better shot at inclusion in Interbrand’s well-publicized list, but because adherence to them can only benefit their brands in the long term.
- Intellectual Property
- Social Media
- Craft Brewing
- Medical Marijuana
- Trademark Litigation
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Trademark Trial and Appeal Board
- Registered Trademark
- Federal Trademark
- Amazon's Brand Registry
- Medical Cannabis Dispensaries
- Drug Enforcement Agency
- E-Discovery Case Law
- Uniform Trade Secrets Act
- Regulation Fair Disclosure
- Securities Law
- Securities Regulation
- Generic.com Terms Are Not Per Se Generic
- EU Trademarks Post-Brexit: Now What?
- Don’t end up on The Elf on the Shelf’s naughty list!
- Stay Out of Trouble With the Federal Trade Commission
- "Aloha Poke": Social Media and Consumer Perception are Part of the Trademark Enforcement Equation
- Could Any Old Yahoo Nab Chief Wahoo?
- Trademark Registration Practice is Officially…umm…Well, You’ll See
- Booze is Booze, Right? Not so fast...
- Did A Neural Network Just Solve Craft Brewing's Trademark Problems?
- Enroll in Amazon’s Brand Registry 2.0… But Only if You Own a Registered Trademark