- Posts by Margaret M. JohnsonAssociate
Meg Johnson is an associate in the firm's Business Representation & Transactions Group where she assists businesses in a broad range of data privacy, intellectual property, technology, advertising, and corporate related ...
The Year 2023 is shaping up to be the next big year in data privacy. With the enactment of the Consumer Data Protection Act (“CDPA”) on March 2, 2021, Virginia joined California as the second U.S. state to enact comprehensive data privacy rights legislation. Virginia’s CDPA comes on the heels of California’s passage of its California Privacy Rights Act (“CPRA”), which amends the infamous California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”). Both Virginia’s CDPA and California’s CPRA take effect January 1, 2023.
In response to this news, you might first consider whether ...
Those privacy professionals following the California Consumer Privacy Act (also known as the CCPA) have been eagerly awaiting final regulations from the California Attorney General (CA AG). Unfortunately, we will have to wait a little longer. On February 10, 2020, the CA AG published the Revised Proposed Regulations. This means that the California public will have another opportunity to submit their comments on the CCPA regulations before the CA AG makes additional revisions. The deadline to submit written comments is February 25, 2020. From there, the CA AG has until July 1, 2020 to finalize the regulations.
As we ring in the New Year, privacy professionals are collectively holding their breath: January 1, 2020 marked the effective date of the California Consumer Privacy Act, also known as the CCPA.
- Cybersecurity and Privacy Law
- Cybersecurity Regulation
- Cyber Insurance
- Data Breach
- Privacy Laws
- California Consumer Privacy Act
- General Data Protection Regulation
- Class Action Litigation
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Incident Response Plan
- Information Governance
- Corporate Law
- Federal Trade Commission
- Seventh Circuit
- Department of Justice
- 2023: The Year of the CPRA and CDPA - Virginia Joins California in Passing Comprehensive Privacy Legislation
- Cybersecurity Remains a Top Concern
- Data Security in the Remote-Work Environment – 10 Reminders Regarding Data Security and Cyber Attacks
- Stay Safe While “Zooming”
- Revisions to Proposed CCPA Regulations Released
- Happy New Year from the CCPA
- Can’t We All Get Along in the Cyber Sandbox?
- California's New Privacy Law is Coming - Are You Ready?
- Gearing up for National Cybersecurity Awareness Month: KMK Hosts Third Annual Cybersecurity & Privacy Seminar
- Ohio Data Protection Act - Safe Harbor for Businesses in Ohio