- Posts by Drew M. HicksPartner
Drew Hicks assists clients in litigation and dispute resolution by, among other things, advising clients on litigation risk management and cost issues. Drew focuses his practice on representing public and private companies in a ...
On August 11, 2015, federal prosecutors in New York and New Jersey filed criminal charges against two alleged hackers and seven other individuals who allegedly traded securities based upon stolen information. The Securities and Exchange Commission filed a related civil complaint against those same nine individuals, as well as 23 other individuals and corporate entities.
Last week, the Eastern District of Louisiana joined the growing majority of district courts around the country that have held increased risk of future identity theft or identity fraud posed by a data breach is not sufficient to confer Article III standing on individuals whose information has been compromised but not yet misused.
On April 29, the Department of Justice published its “Best Practices for Victim Response and Reporting of Cyber Incidents”, which is an excellent, easy to read summary of steps companies can take to protect against cybersecurity incidents
- Cybersecurity and Privacy Law
- Cybersecurity Regulation
- Cyber Insurance
- Data Breach
- Privacy Laws
- California Consumer Privacy Act
- General Data Protection Regulation
- Class Action Litigation
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Incident Response Plan
- Information Governance
- Corporate Law
- Federal Trade Commission
- Seventh Circuit
- Department of Justice
- 2023: The Year of the CPRA and CDPA - Virginia Joins California in Passing Comprehensive Privacy Legislation
- Cybersecurity Remains a Top Concern
- Data Security in the Remote-Work Environment – 10 Reminders Regarding Data Security and Cyber Attacks
- Stay Safe While “Zooming”
- Revisions to Proposed CCPA Regulations Released
- Happy New Year from the CCPA
- Can’t We All Get Along in the Cyber Sandbox?
- California's New Privacy Law is Coming - Are You Ready?
- Gearing up for National Cybersecurity Awareness Month: KMK Hosts Third Annual Cybersecurity & Privacy Seminar
- Ohio Data Protection Act - Safe Harbor for Businesses in Ohio