On February 20, 2018, the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) issued interpretive guidance to assist public companies in preparing disclosures about cybersecurity risks and incidents. This guidance indicates that the SEC is expecting more robust cybersecurity-related disclosures in the filings of public companies and encourages companies to implement comprehensive cybersecurity policies and procedures.
KMK Law Partner, Joe Callow, presented at the Greater Cincinnati ISSA Chapter Meeting on Wednesday, February 21, 2018 on the topic, "GDPR and Your Business: What You Need to Know and What You Need To Do." This presentation provided an updated analysis of GDPR, discussed its potential application, and provided action steps to establish compliance.
- Cybersecurity and Privacy Law
- Cybersecurity Regulation
- Cyber Insurance
- California Consumer Privacy Act
- Privacy Laws
- General Data Protection Regulation
- Data Breach
- Class Action Litigation
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Incident Response Plan
- Information Governance
- Corporate Law
- Federal Trade Commission
- Seventh Circuit
- Department of Justice
- Data Security in the Remote-Work Environment – 10 Reminders Regarding Data Security and Cyber Attacks
- Stay Safe While “Zooming”
- Revisions to Proposed CCPA Regulations Released
- Happy New Year from the CCPA
- Can’t We All Get Along in the Cyber Sandbox?
- California's New Privacy Law is Coming - Are You Ready?
- Gearing up for National Cybersecurity Awareness Month: KMK Hosts Third Annual Cybersecurity & Privacy Seminar
- Ohio Data Protection Act - Safe Harbor for Businesses in Ohio
- Ohio’s Data Protection Act: What You Need to Know
- September 2018 Was a Busy Month for Data Privacy