Labor & Employment
KMK's Labor & Employment Group understands the importance of maintaining positive employee relations and a productive work environment. We advise and represent employers of all types. We help managers deal with change as well as avoid costly litigation by assisting with the development and implementation of human resources practices, personnel policies, disciplinary procedures, employment agreements, performance evaluations, and union avoidance strategies.
KMK represents and advises clients across the spectrum of Labor & Employment matters — from routine, day-to-day questions that we may answer via phone and email, to the most complex labor-related class action litigation and employer representation in union-related matters.
In today’s fast-paced and constantly changing business environment, making the right employment decisions and taking the most effective preventative steps are more critical, though perhaps more difficult, than ever before. Employers must comply with a multitude of statutes and regulations that sometimes appear to be incompatible with their business needs. We have the experience to help businesses handle these issues in the most effective manner.
- AK Steel Corporation
- Belcan Corporation
- Cintas Corporation
- GE Aviation
- LSI Industries Inc.
- The Matrix Companies
- Total Quality Logistics, LLC
- April Westfall, et al. v. Kendle International, Inc. and Kendle International CPU LLC
- Charles Kromer, Jr. v. Fifth Third Bancorp and Fifth Third Securities, Inc.
- Cintas Corporation v. UNITE HERE, et al.
- Jackson Chin, et al. v. Republic Indemnity Company of America
- Matthew Marks, et al. v. Infinity Insurance Company
- Mirna E. Serrano, et al. v. Cintas Corporation
- Paul Veliz, et al. v. Cintas Corporation
- Richard L. Phillips v. Tradesman International, Inc.
- Keating Muething & Klekamp Achieves National and Metropolitan Rankings in 2016 “Best Law Firms” Report by U.S. News and Best Lawyers
- Cincinnati Law Firm Keating Muething & Klekamp Elects Five New Partners
- Eight Keating Muething & Klekamp Attorneys Named Cincy Leading Lawyers by Cincy Magazine
- Keating Muething & Klekamp Achieves National and Metropolitan Rankings in 2015 “Best Law Firms” Report by U.S. News and Best Lawyers
- Keating Muething & Klekamp Hires Five New Attorneys
- KMK Law Attorneys Served As Lead Counsel in Complex Joint Venture Deal Involving Entities in 18 Countries and Combined Annual Revenues in Excess of $600 Million
- Keating Muething & Klekamp Achieves National and Metropolitan Rankings in “Best Law Firms” Report by U.S. News and Best Lawyers
- Keating Muething & Klekamp Welcomes Partner Kasey Bond to Its Labor & Employment Group
- Caroline M. Koehler Joins Keating Muething & Klekamp’s Labor & Employment Group
- Keating Muething & Klekamp Welcomes G. Randall Ayers as Partner and Practice Leader of its Labor & Employment Group
- Keating Muething & Klekamp Wins Historical Award of Attorneys Fees from EEOC in Employment Discrimination Case
- Keating Muething & Klekamp's Client Granted Summary Judgment in Federal Court Employment Case
- Cybersecurity & Privacy Seminar, April 27, 2015
- GCHRA Legal Briefing: Workplace Communications Best Practices, Humana Center, Cincinnati, Ohio, Greater Cincinnati Human Resources Association, July 17, 2014
- The Impact of President Obama's Second Term on Businesses, Schiff Conference Center, Cintas Center, Xavier University, November 28, 2012
- Labor & Employment Management Roundtable: Protecting Your Company Against Expensive Wage and Hour Lawsuits and Audits, Keating Muething & Klekamp, Spring 2011
- Managing the Injured Employers: Workers' Compensation Overview and Other Leave Laws, Greater Cincinnati Human Resources Association, August 19, 2010
- EEO Investigations, Minefield for HR Professionals, Employers's Resource Association, August 17, 2010
- Where Is This Wave Taking Us? An Update on Social Media, The American Institute of Architects, Cincinnati Chapter, August 12, 2010
- Where Is This Wave Taking Us? An Update on Social Media, July 20, 2010
- Where Is This Wave Taking Us?, GE Aviation Learning Centre, GE Aviation Employees and General Invitees, May 7, 2010
- Legal Alert: KMK’s Cybersecurity & Privacy Team, December 19, 2014
- Legal Alert: NLRB Holds Employees May Use Employer Email Systems for Non-Work-Related Communications, December 12, 2014
- Legal Alert: Department of Labor to Increase Wage-Hour Enforcement, June 18, 2013
- Legal Alert: Court Awards Double Damages for Employer’s Failure to Inform Employee How FMLA Leave Is Calculated, February 16, 2012
- Legal Alert: Ohio's New Military Family Leave Law Takes Effect on July 2, 2010, June 29, 2010
- Legal Alert: New Posting Requirements for Federal Contractors and Subcontractors, June 16, 2010
- Client Alert: KMK Forms Evolving Media & Technology Team to Help Clients Navigate Social Media's Legal and Business Challenges, May 4, 2010
- Legal Alert: Congress Expands FMLA's Family Military Leave Entitlements, November 5, 2009
- Legal Alert: New I-9 Form Required, January 8, 2009
- Legal Alert: The Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act of 2008, September 29, 2008
- Legal Alert: Breaking News for Ohio Employers, September 4, 2008