Sophia R. Jannace
Sophia Jannace practices in the firm’s Litigation Group, with a focus on commercial disputes. She has successfully represented a wide variety of business clients, including financial institutions and regional and national corporations. Sophia has experience in many aspects of commercial litigation, including depositions, oral argument, motion practice, written discovery, mediation, trial preparation, and appellate litigation. She has litigation experience within federal and state court, both at the trial and appellate level, and in administrative hearings. Sophia is also active in the firm’s E-Discovery and Litigation Support Group, and was a member of the Electronics and Technology pupilage group of the 2013-2014 Potter Stewart American Inn of Court.
While in law school, Sophia served as a judicial extern in the chambers of the Honorable David L. Bunning, District Judge for the Eastern District of Kentucky. She also acted as a legal extern at General Cable Corporation, a Fortune 500 company, and she was the only member of her graduating class who was both a member of the Law Review Executive Board and selected as a member of the Cincinnati Trial Practice Team.
- Defense of directors in action alleging ERISA breach of fiduciary duty and prohibited transaction.
- Defense of corporate client against federal security fraud claims relating to stock sales in the Sixth Circuit.
- Representation of Cincinnati-based financial institution in defense of alleged federal and state statutory claims.
- Representation of national logistics trucking company in breach of contract claims in Ohio and Kentucky.
- Successfully represented appellee in a Kentucky administrative appeal.
- Representation in Ninth Circuit appeal for breach of fiduciary duty claims.
- Handling discovery (both in litigation and in response to third-party subpoenas) for clients who want to comply with their obligations while reducing business interruption and expense.
Professional & Community Involvement
- Cincinnati Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Kentucky Bar Association
- C-Change Alumni Committee
- The Potter Stewart American Inn of Court, Barrister (2013-14)
- Cincy Next Program, 2014
- OSBA Corporate Counsel Section, Member
- Kentucky Domestic Violence Association, Economic Empowerment Committee, 2010
- Yes! Cincinnati, Dress for Success
One East Fourth Street
Cincinnati OH 45202
TEL: (513) 579-6592
FAX: (513) 579-6457
- ERISA Litigation Defense Team
- Insurance Coverage & Litigation
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Appellate Law
- KMK Law Complex Litigation Blog
- KMK Law Corporate & Securities Blog
- KMK Law Electronic Discovery Road Map Blog
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio
- J.D., University of Cincinnati College of Law, 2013; Order of the Coif, Law Review Executive Board
- B.A., University of Kentucky, 2008; magna cum laude