G. Randall Ayers
Randy Ayers helps employers manage all issues related to labor relations, including collective bargaining, arbitration and litigation of disputes involving collective bargaining agreements and proceedings before the National Labor Relations Board and State Labor Agencies. He has broad experience providing in-depth counsel to employers in the areas of equal employment opportunity, discrimination, wrongful discharge, non-competition and trade secrets, wage and hour, and unemployment compensation. The depth of Randy’s knowledge and experience allows him to provide big-picture advice to employers in all areas related to labor and employment, helping clients control costs, avoid expensive disputes whenever possible, and efficiently resolve issues when they arise.
Randy has been a frequent lecturer to groups and organizations concerning fair employment practices, personnel management, and positive employee relations. Randy is a member of the Board of Directors at Keating Muething & Klekamp and also serves as leader of the Labor & Employment Group.
- Served as lead negotiator/spokesperson for Fortune 500 corporation in labor negotiations for several industrial/steel facilities involving international representatives of USW, UAW, and IAM. Negotiations resulted in substantial restructuring of unionized workforce and related pay and fringe benefits.
- Successfully litigated and then resolved multi-million dollar Section 301 (Duty of Fair Representation) Class Action on behalf of large manufacturing concern.
- Successfully represented public and private employers in labor arbitration cases, involving a variety of issues including discipline, discharge, subcontracting, rate/incentives, and contract interpretation.
- Represented public and private employers in unfair labor practice and representational proceedings, including trials and appeals. Have represented numerous public and private employers as lead negotiator in collective bargaining. Obtained injunctive relief on behalf of employers due to unlawful or violent strike activity.
- Obtained pre-trial dismissal of lawsuits in areas of age, race, sex, disability and veterans discrimination, and wrongful discharge claims. Obtained defense verdicts in federal court litigation on behalf of employers in areas of race, age and disability discrimination.
Awards & Recognitions
- Listed in Chambers USA: America's Leading Business Lawyers, 2007-2016
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America, 2005-2017
- Named to Ohio Super Lawyers, 2009-2017
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- Corporate Counsel, Top Labor and Employment Lawyers, 2008
- Forty-Four Keating Muething & Klekamp Attorneys Recognized in 2017 Ohio Super Lawyers and Ohio Rising Stars
- Forty-Nine Keating Muething & Klekamp Attorneys Selected for Inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America 2017
- Keating Muething & Klekamp Has Been Named a 2016 Leading Law Firm by Chambers USA
- Cybersecurity & Privacy Seminar, April 27, 2015
Professional & Community Involvement
- Cincinnati Bar Association
- The Ohio State Bar Association
- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, National Council Member and Law Alumni President
- The Ohio State University Alumni Association, Lifetime Member
One East Fourth Street
Cincinnati OH 45202
TEL: (513) 579-6919
FAX: (513) 579-6457
- Labor / Management Relations
- Statutory Compliance
- Employment Litigation
- Employment Practices & Procedures
- Workers' Compensation
- Non-Compete Agreements
- Wage-Hour Issues
- Workplace Safety and Health
- Cybersecurity & Privacy Team
- KMK Law Complex Litigation Blog
- KMK Law Electronic Discovery Road Map Blog
- KMK Law Management Rights Blog
Bar & Court Admissions
- J.D., The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law
- A.B., Earlham College