Gary P. Kreider
Gary Kreider concentrates his practice in the areas of securities regulation compliance, public offerings, private offerings, mergers and acquisitions and business planning and formation. He has been an Adjunct Professor in securities regulation since 1977 at the University of Cincinnati College of Law and is past Chairman of the Corporation Law Committee of the Ohio State Bar Association.
Gary lectures at various legal education conferences on securities, mergers and acquisitions and corporate law issues and is the author of published works on securities and corporate law. He has served as an arbitrator for the National Association of Securities Dealers, Inc., and is frequently called as an expert witness in corporate and securities cases.
- Handled IPOs for companies such as Cintas Corporation, Comair, Inc., Duramed Pharmaceuticals, Meridian Bioscience, Inc., LSI Industries Inc., Multi-Color Corporation, Exide Corp., Durakon Industries, Inc., Kendle International Inc. and Provident Financial Group, Inc.
- Numerous other public offerings for IPO clients and others such as American Financial Group, Chiquita Brands International, Inc, Standard Register, Meritage Hospitality Group Inc. and Hemagen Diagnostics, Inc.
- Experience in going private transactions
- Representation of clients in hostile proxy contests
Awards & Recognitions
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- Listed in Chambers USA: America's Leading Business Lawyers, 2004-2014
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America, 1987-2015
- Named to Ohio Super Lawyers, 2004-2011
- Named one of the Top 100 Lawyers in Ohio, Cincinnati Magazine, 2004, 2008
- Chambers USA America's Leading Business Lawyers, 2010-2011 contained this statement: "Gary Kreider attracts clients with his 'phenomenal judgment.' His practice focuses on public company transactional and regulatory advice."
- Forty-six Keating Muething & Klekamp Attorneys Selected for Inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America 2015
- Significant 2006 Amendments to Ohio Business Organization Statutes, Corporation by Aspen Publishers, October 9, 2006
- Anti-Fraud Dilemma: Defining Materiality, July 30, 2004
Professional & Community Involvement
- American Bar Association, Chairman, Securities Subcommittee on Real Estate Syndications and Condominiums, 1977-1979
- Cincinnati Bar Association, Executive Committee, 1969-1971
- Ohio State Bar Association, Chairman, Corporation Law Committee, 2003-2004
- LSI Industries Inc., Director
- Meridian Bioscience, Inc., Board Secretary
- New Richmond Ohio Board of Education, former President
- The University Club of Cincinnati, Governor and Secretary
- The Travel Club of Cincinnati, Director and Treasurer
One East Fourth Street
Cincinnati OH 45202
TEL: (513) 579-6411
FAX: (513) 579-6457
- Securities Regulation Compliance
- Public Offerings
- Private Placements
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Business Planning & Formation
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. Supreme Court
- J.D., University of Cincinnati College of Law, 1964
- M.A., University of Cincinnati, 1961
- B.A., University of Cincinnati, 1960; with honors