Daniel E. Izenson
For more than 25 years, Dan Izenson has been providing business and real estate clients superior litigation services, helping to solve their problems, maximize their recovery, and protect their assets. Dan has broad experience in all aspects of civil litigation, with a concentration in complex commercial disputes, shareholder/member derivative actions, and real estate/construction litigation. He has prosecuted and defended clients in nationwide litigation, including class action lawsuits. Dan has extensive pre-trial discovery, e-discovery, trial and appellate experience in contract/business disputes, tort, ERISA, intellectual property, construction, environmental, premises liability, and sophisticated real estate, foreclosure and commercial leasing disputes.
Dan's business clients include publicly-held and private companies and financial institutions. He represents owners of pipe, wire and mineral rights in disputes with utilities and surface owners. Dan also represents owners, developers, and contractors in all aspects of the construction process, ranging from contract negotiations, claims and dispute resolution. He litigates matters before state and federal courts, private and court-sponsored mediation and court-ordered and private arbitration. Dan also regularly counsels clients in litigation avoidance, contract preparation/administration and dispute resolution techniques.
Dan currently serves as Co-Practice Group Leader of the firm's Litigation Group.
- Duke Realty Corporation
- American Premier Underwriters, Inc.
- Lawrence Kadish Real Estate
- Fifth Third Bank
- Sperry Van Ness Commercial Real Estate
- Realty Income Corporation
- Towne Properties
- Jeffrey R. Anderson Real Estate
- Gorilla Glue Company
- United Dairy Farmers
- Trophy Nut Company
- inno360, Inc.
- American Premier Underwriters Inc. v. Marathon Ashland Pipeline LLC, No. 10-03- 12, 2004 WL 937316 (Ohio Ct. App. May 3, 2004)
- Ohio Fresh Eggs LLC v. Wise, No. 07AP-780, 2008 WL 2122342 (Ohio Ct. App. May 20, 2008)
- O'Sullivan v. Provident Bancorp Inc., No. C-970141, 1997 WL 789405 (Ohio Ct. App. Dec. 26, 1997)
- American Annuity Grp. Inc. v. Guaranty Reassurance Corp., 55 F. App'x 255 (2003)
- Analect LLC v. Fifth Third Bancorp, et al., 380 F. App'x 54 (2010)
- Richmond v. Peters et al., No. 97-3647, 1998 U.S. App. LEXIS 30114 (6th Cir. 1998)
Click here to view additional reported decisions.
- Oversaw successful defense of $30 million federal lawsuit against financial institution, obtaining summary judgment in client’s favor and affirmed on appeal.
- Represented national egg producer in administrative and court proceedings which resulted in reversal of order to revoke company’s operating permits.
- Obtained TRO and preliminary injunction on further draws on a $2.6 million irrevocable letter of credit and ultimately obtained $2.7 million judgment in client’s favor against foreign company.
- Successfully defended and settled in client’s favor a nationwide class action over vehicle leasing fees.
- Successfully defended commercial real estate broker and agent in high stakes litigation over disclosures in real estate transaction.
- Prosecuted claims of real estate developer in multi-million dollar construction litigation against contractors and surety.
- Regularly represent general contractor in litigation with public authorities and subcontractors on public works projects.
- Regularly represent owners and landlords of commercial properties in leasing and tenant disputes.
Awards & Recognitions
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- Named by Best Lawyers in America as "2015 Lawyer of the Year" for Construction Litigation in Cincinnati
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America, 2012-2017
- Named to Ohio Super Lawyers
- Forty-Nine Keating Muething & Klekamp Attorneys Selected for Inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America 2017
Mentioned & Quoted
- Glue Maker Settles with FTC in Bind Over 'Made is USA' Claims, The National Law Journal, October 6, 2016
Professional & Community Involvement
- Cincinnati Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Hospice of Cincinnati, Inc., former Board Member
- Fernside, Inc., A Center for Grieving Children, former President and Board Member
- Wyoming Swim Club, former Board Member
- Wyoming School Foundation, Board Trustee
One East Fourth Street
Cincinnati OH 45202
TEL: (513) 579-6480
FAX: (513) 579-6457
- Commercial & Securities Litigation
- Construction Litigation
- Financial Services Litigation
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Arbitration & Mediation
- Appellate Law
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- J.D., The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, 1990; Managing Editor of The Ohio State Journal on Dispute Resolution
- B.S., Indiana University, 1986; Phi Beta Kappa; Mortar Board