Alison J. Stimac
Ali Stimac counsels clients on transactional and litigation matters involving all aspects of domestic and international trademark and branding matters, copyright, advertising, Internet, social media, licensing, promotions and marketing matters. With experience as an attorney in both corporate and law firm settings, she brings a unique, combined business and legal perspective to the issues her clients face. Ali’s approach is to work together with her clients to identify and solve their problems in an effective, efficient and practical manner.
Ali’s practice involves management of global and domestic trademark portfolios, trademark registrations and prosecutions with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, inter partes proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board, trademark enforcement, assignments, license agreements, sweepstakes and contest rules, social media issues, copyright registrations and resolution of domain name disputes. She also recently represented an adhesive company in an investigation by the U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC) regarding compliance with FTC statutes and the FTC’s “Enforcement Policy Statement on U.S. Origin Claims”, which was closed by the staff without formal action.
Representative clients include brand owners in the food and beverage, adhesive, insurance, software and consumer packaged goods industries as well as professional athletes.
Ali began her legal career as an intellectual property associate at KMK (2004-2006). Prior to returning to KMK, Ali served as Senior Counsel at CareerBuilder, LLC in Chicago, IL.
- Legal Alert: UK Votes to Brexit — Keep Calm and Carry On, June 24, 2016
- Legal Alert: DTSA Expands Protection to Trade Secret Owners, May 18, 2016
Professional & Community Involvement
- Cincinnati Bar Association
- International Trademark Association, Member, Young Practitioners’ Subcommittee (2016-2018)
One East Fourth Street
Cincinnati OH 45202
TEL: (513) 401-9070
FAX: (513) 579-6457
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas
- J.D., University of Cincinnati College of Law, 2004; Moot Court, Dean's List
- B.A., Indiana University, 2001, Dean's List